TNs: 2000 Giacosa Asili and 2014 Montevertine

• 2000 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Riserva Asili - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (7/31/2021)
    Decanted for 3 hours. Opaque garnet color. Intricate, exotic nose of balsam, fulsome strawberry blossom, plum pits, saline, violets, roses, tar. Velvet-textured layers of strawberry, red plum, grippy tar, and fine-grained peppery earth on the palate. Beautiful interplay between ample acidity and serious but filed-off tannin. Long finish of echoing red plum fruit, tar, and holiday spice. A kaleidoscope of scents and tastes rolled out with extraordinary balance, detail, and restraint. Gorgeous wine. (94 pts.)
  • 2014 Azienda Agricola Montevertine Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (7/30/2021)
    Popped and poured. Translucent garnet with scarlet component. Nose of violets, cherry, trace iodine, fine earth, leathery notes. Silky layers of pure red cherry, spicy plum fruit and earth on the palate. Refreshing acidity and smoothed, faintly dusty tannin. Longer finish of elegantly-presented piquant red cherry fruit and fine-grained soil. Beautifully balanced, graceful wine showing very well in its youth. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the Asili review. I have two bottles and it looks like its time to crack one open!

Jay,

Yes I think you will be pleased. I opened a bottle because recent CT notes were encouraging and I would have to agree. Hope it shows well for you.

Cheers,
Doug