Alban Fall release

Price increase for Reva. Up from $96 to $118. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Seymour’s, Lorraine and Pandora are all up to $180. Not sure if the 17 Reva gets as much love as the 16.

1 Like

I was only allocated Reva. Price is $115 before shipping (which is still a significant jump). I like the idea of a’ throwback’ Reva. And, I really liked the 2016 that I opened last year. So, I’m in for a few.

Has anyone rated the ‘17 Reva?

Not that I’m aware of.

Bummer on price hike. I’m on the fence because of it. Once you go over $100 on Syrah, there is steep competition. I get that they pioneered it, but assuming they own the vineyards, they paid ag land prices way back in the day.

Odd that the Marsanne is so highly allocated. Must be a tiny production.

Big wines, but I have a soft spot for Alban.

I’d bite on the whites but again wasn’t offered any.

1 Like

I’d wish for them.

No wish option that I’m aware of unfortunately.

+1. The offer only has a dropdown menu for your offerings. I did received one secondary offer in the past via email for (and happily purchased) Pandora.

I recommend emailing them with the request. During the last offer, I placed an order for some Patrina and Viognier and wrote an email asking if they might have a spare bottle of Lorraine to sell me, given how much I’d loved the earliest vintages. I ended up with one Lorraine, but this wasn’t your standard wish list situation because it was shipped separately from my other bottles. (However, someone was paying attention because the total shipping cost on the two orders was the expected shipping cost given the total number of bottles.)

Been buying/drinking Reva regularly since the 2005 vintage, but at this latest price hike I think I’m out. There are syrahs I enjoy as much for significantly less (especially when you figure in tax & shipping)

1 Like

About to have the 2006 Reva at a restaurant for my birthday this month. They got direct it from the winery and have stored it perfectly ever since. The price is less than retail/auction so it’s a no-brainer.

honestly i don’t really see a reason for the price hike. he owns the vineyard and has for a while. this isn’t some start up operation. just too many options for less.

Have only seen 2017 Pandora rated…WA 99. Anyone have any info on the Reve from JD, etc?

When you consider the big name Rhone producers, they all have hiked their prices. SQN is at $170/$250 for Spring/Fall releases. Cayuse ticks up the cost a few bucks every year. I think BF is $135. And Baron has created other labels with much higher pricing. Saxum has so far kept most of their wines just under $100, but new vineyard releases are priced at $148. If this is your kind of wine, Reva is still a relative bargain.

im referring to reva specifically. i see no issue with lorraine/seymour having a higher price. reva is a good wine no doubt but i can buy similar for less.
fify on saxum.

Had it this weekend and have had a bunch since release. It is insanely good.