Do Winemakers Use Cellar Tracker??

Was looking in Cellar Tracker at the number of bottles ‘in cellars’ for some of my wines, and it made me wonder - do most winemakers use CT to keep track of their inventory? Or should we consider the majority of those bottles to be owned by consumers?

I would say (almost) 0.

That’s kinda where my head went as well, but would love to hear from some winemakers as well.

I use it to track my personal inventory and to follow the notes on the wines I am associated with. I don’t post notes.

I’m there a lot, mainly to see what people think of my wines and write reviews, but don’t keep a cellar myself.

1 Like

Same— The wines evolve and I appreciate seeing TNs from others as I can be more than a little biased on my own wines (i.e., I rate them pretty severely, always looking for the slightest fault for clues on potential winemaking improvements for the next “similar” vintage)

1 Like

Super helpful all!

So sounds like most winemakers use it for monitoring tasting notes and feedback on wines, but not as much for inventory purposes…which is pretty much what I assumed.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Wineries no. Restaurants yes. At least that has been my experience on digging into very large holdings.

1 Like

There are a few wineries tracking library inventory, but it is pretty rare. Many, many wineries monitor tasting notes very carefully.

3 Likes

Yep, I’ll use CT to find a bad bottle, or a tasting note that’s inconsistent, and replace it. Many folks do the same.

2 Likes

Gotcha! Super helpful feedback Eric and I appreciate it!

+1

2 Likes