Plum Wine Dispenser

My Plum Wine Dispenser arrived and of course like a kid in a candy store set it up and used it right away without much thought into what bottles should be in there, etc. After contemplation with wine in my glass recently dispensed, I think I have a better strategy but was curious on those with experience, especially as I would love to put older wine but assume that’s impossible due to sediment there will focus on more recent vintages (will write to the company for info on the aged wine obstacle).

Curious if anyone here has been using it and what are thoughts/feedback/etc?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Would love to hear peeps thoughts on plum as well. Looks like a really cool device but have never tried it/seen it used in person.

I understand that it holds two bottles. Can you chill one bottle and leave the other bottle unchilled? How cold is the chilled bottle?

that’s an expensive toy for home use $2,499.00

How does it preserve the integrity of the pour when switching from white to red or vice-versa? Looks cool!

I was really pretty sure this was a thread about this:

Yes it holds two bottles, each bottle can be chilled individually to either the specifications from the chateau/online info (it connects to the internet and reads the label) or set by your preferences. It also allows to set individual pours to as little as one ounce.

No clue on how well it preserves or as I mentioned above it works with sediment wine but for now I will assume the same as Corivan (perhaps better as the needle doesn’t come in and out like Coravin but that has yet to be tested with 24 hours in).

It is pretty cool to walk by with an open bottle of X and then grab a few ounces of spur of the moment. Is it worth the money (per the response above), is expensive wine or anything- no of course not but I love it. Will the novelty wear off- perhaps but I ended up getting frustrated with Coravin for a number of reasons which this solves so we shall see.

The two bottles stay in their individual compartments until empty or if you want to pull early there is an option for that so no need to pull in and out like a Coravin.

I meant how does the machine ensure that red wine isn’t mixing with white via the spout/funnel? It looks like there is only a single spot to dispense the wine and I have to imagine there may be residual liquid in the spout after pouring?

I also thought this thread was about asian drinks.

Are the bottles inserted upside-down?

Yes. In approximately 45° angle

Thanks, Yong!
I assume this relates to the OP’s comments re: older wine with sediment.

Yes, exactly. Same issues I have to a degree with Coravin. Not looking for a solution for a 40 year old wine rather 10-20. Will send the response from Plum as soon as I get one. Could be the needle is long enough to bypass the sediment build up so it settles between cork and under needle height.

At first I thought this was a dispenser that only worked for bottles of Prum.

I often misread thread titles and then puzzle over the content. In this case, I wonder if some of the longer Riesling bottles would fit.

Regarding the price, it is around the same as the Miele super-automatic espresso maker in some of the company’s photos, but more niche.

I don’t think that I’d like being limited to two bottles (versus the three to five in my fridge most nights), but I am definitely curious to read some reviews.

That would be a game changer

Ok one update from Plum which is perfect.

Regarding the spout, Yes! They are completely separate and never connect in the spout. There are two dispensers located in the spout but the silver covering may make it look like there is only one. There is separate tubing that connects the needle tapped in your wine bottle to the designated spout.

This is why I can flip wine to wine and they never cross.

They were clearly attentive students of Dr. Egon Spengler!

Do you do anything between bottles to keep any wine residue from drying out or building up?

David- waaay too funny! One of the best movie lines of all time.

I haven’t switched bottles yet but will update as soon as I do.