TN: 2019 Bruno Lorenzon Mercurey 1er Cru Champs Martin Blanc

A lovely, pure and fresh nose of orchard fruits, white flowers and chalk. It has volume and unctuousness but is light on its feet. Flavours build and it dries off with minerally precision. Really good.

2 Likes

Terrific wine, this! But when you see the way the vineyards are farmed and the attention to detail in the winery, it isn’t really a surprise. The wines age really well, too. I’m publishing a vertical back to Bruno’s first vintage, 48 different wines, today, as it happens!

4 Likes

Cheers William. Just had a look at the report, it is terrific.

1 Like

And I just read it today, as it happens. Never heard of the estate before today. It doesn’t appear to be easy to find in the US.

1 Like

Thanks, Jeremy! I hope it results in more people trying Bruno’s wines (and inserting them in blind tastings), because he has certainly put in the work for the last twenty-five years.

Bought a bottle of Lorenzon’s 2017 Mercury Champs Martin Cuvée Carline a few months ago based on William’s comments on the producer. Need to open it.

You do! It’s a beautiful wine.

1 Like

Wow, great bottle here. Dense and aromatic. Full of flowers, pears, lemons. Slight reduction, mineraled finish. My first Lorenzon white, but not my last. I won’t mention P/Q so as not to trigger anyone :wink:

1 Like

Well done Warren.

We just had out 2020’s arrive yesterday. Very excited!