Help with 2008 GG's

I am setting up a riesling tasting with some friends. We had a full line up ready, but there was some issues with an order (they did not have the wines we ordered).

So now i need one or more dry German 2008’s to taste up against Donnhoff’s Dellchen.

Any good suggestions in that price range(ish)?

I don’t drink much riesling. So any help is much appreciated.

Edit: I can order from most of Europe. So i do have a lot of wine available to me. Thats why it is a bit opened ended question :slightly_smiling_face:

Core problem identified. Fixing this will help.

Glad to be of assistance!

It would help to know what’s available to you. It’s not as if you’re asking for recommendations for 2019s.

Where are you?

His signature says Copenhagen.

2008 Dönnhoff Hermannshöhle Riesling Großes Gewächs would be nice as a comparison to the Dellchen G.G.

2008 Wagner-Stempel Siefersheimer Heerkretz Riesling Großes Gewächs is drinking nicely now. And costs not so much…

2008 Emrich-Schönleber Halenberg Riesling Großes Gewächs is drinking even better at the moment.

2008 Koehler-Ruprecht Kallstadter Saumagen Riesling Auslese trocken “R” is great.

2008 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile is also very fine.

A lot of fine dry Riesling from 2008 drinking splendid now, but as pointed out by others… What is available to you?

1 Like

Ah, the small print.

Thank you. We already have that Trimbach in the tasting. We were going to taste it side by side with Zind Humbrecht’s Clos Windsbuhl 2008. But that was one of the wines not available after we placed an order on it. So now it will be used as a starter before we go to 08 German GG’s instead.

I will check out the list.

I can order from most of Europe. So i do have a lot of wine available to me. Thats why it is a bit opened ended question :slightly_smiling_face:

I sold all my dry rieslings to buy more Jura a few years ago haha. But i started to buy some of the sweeter versions now which i often find more interesting. Just had my first Falkenstein… amazing stuff. So i am working on it.

You posted a great selection of options, but if the Emrich-Schonleber can be found - that would be a thrilling comparison I think.

1 Like

Any Keller (AbtsE, Morstein), Schäfer Fröhlich Felseneck, Bürklin Wolf Hohenmorgen or Ungeheuer, Witmann Westhofner Aulerde, Dönhoffs Hermannshöle could be options.