Ceritas Aug 5

I love that Porter

Yes I have only been buying Ceritas for about a year, had to open a few of the Chards to taste. This is the style I love these days. Moving away from the traditional heavy old school chards for the more fresh mineral wines! Will be stocking up on the 5th! Are the Pinots real good?

No brainer (in on both Chard and PN).

And the Cab

For those interested here are the wines being offered

“FALL 2021 RELEASE

THURSDAY / AUGUST 5TH / 8AM PACIFIC

Dear Friends,

We are excited to introduce four more wines from the 2019 vintage. Our Fall Release will be open from August 5th - August 19th. On the morning of August 5th at 8AM Pacific, you will receive an email will your allocation details and notes on the wines.

This release will include the following four wines:

2019 Carex Chardonnay / West Sonoma Coast

2019 Porter-Bass Chardonnay / West Sonoma Coast

2019 Hellenthal ‘Old Shop Block’ Pinot Noir / West Sonoma Coast

2019 Cuvée Chloe Pinot Noir / West Sonoma Coast

We look forward to sharing these wines with you. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

John & Phoebe Raytek

ALLOCATIONS

Because all of our wines are produced in low quantities, allocations are naturally small. PLEASE NOTE, ALLOCATIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED, so it’s best to order early in the release to avoid disappointment as our wines do often sell out. The offer is open between August 5th and August 19th, or may end sooner if sold out.

WISH LIST
If you would like more wine than you were allocated, please use the wish-list request feature. If we have wine remaining after August 19th, wish list requests will be honored in the order they were received.

SHIPPING - The Fall Release wines will begin shipping on November 1st.

Ceritas doesn’t miss a beat. Everything is amazing. But for me, the Zephyr Chard is the standout. And the Cab is amazing. So un-cab.

1 Like

Sipping on a 2016 Porter Bass Chardonnay - my 5th of 6 bottles, and each one was impressive. I’ll be ordering the 2019

Porter Bass Chard is fantastic. Favorite bottling behind the Cab.

Such great wine - so many choices.
I bought some.
As usual - I bought more than I need and less than I want.

The Porter Bass Chardonnay is fantastic - such an interesting balance of fruit, mineral/salinity and acidity that makes the wine energetic and inviting. I am looking forward to the 2019 version.
I have some with a few years of bottle age - need to check in on those.

The only allocated list I am still on. Porter Bass is always wonderful. I did not buy the Carex, based on the few bottles I purchased last year.

First I’m thrilled to join this community, secondly I’ve been a huge fan a Ceritas for years and have been lucky to try all of their wines except for 2. I must agree that the porter bass is wonderful and will definitely pick up some but I have been just loving that old shop block which just totally resonates with me although needs some time in bottle.

First time buying - definitely influenced by the board. Is there a stylistic analogy for the Ceritas pinots?

Always some of the best wines in CA. Very thoughtful and elegant.

Merrill,

Interesting comment - what was it that you didn’t like like about the Carex? Cheers.

In for the Hellenthal (as usual).

Order in. I would say this is the only winery I buy from that regularly prices wines above $60. I bitch about it, but damn, nothing but praise for John’s wines.

Got Da Bass…

TTT

Porter Bass Chard and Hellenthal Pinot for me. I go heavier on Chard, but the Pinot with a few years on it, drink beautifully.

Just did not seem to have the depth of flavor that I love in the others. Also the mouthfeel was not as full.

I see Merrill explained why she didn’t buy the Carex. I had some of it as well, and found it bland and thin/watery. Worst un-flawed wine I opened so far this year.

Gave me the willpower to drop from the Ceritas list. (I am desperately trying to cull my purchases.)