TN: 2014 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah Peterson Family Vineyard

I used to drink lots of PS but have strayed away. This bottle reminded me of why I love this grape. Enjoy!

• 2014 Switchback Ridge Petite Sirah Peterson Family Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/28/2021)
    Been a long while since I’ve had a Switchback Petite. Pop n pour, dark is not the word that describes this. Pitch black core with royal purple rim. This is a deep, dense, brooding wine. Loads of blueberry and blackberry on the nose along with new leather and tar. Viscous texture and glass staining extraction. Big and chewy but amazingly balanced. Wonderful acidity cuts through the fruit and the chewy tannins even it out. The alcohol isn’t even an issue at 15.5 other than the buzz this delivers. No heat, even at room temp. Last taste on day 3 and this is beautiful. Not something I can drink every day but something I will always have hanging out in the cellar. Well done!

Posted from CellarTracker

They make killer PS, and they age forever

1 Like

Nice work Brian! I do love me some PS from time to time, and Switchback makes a delicious one.

1 Like

Thanks, Brian. Did you like it better on day 1 or day 3?

Screams for some grilled meats, preferably with a little char and some sweet & savory sauce. That wine can hold for a long time if cellared well. Big fan of Switchback PS.

Day one the fruit was more expressive, day 3 it was a more balanced, complete wine.