TN: 2018 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée

• 2018 Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (7/28/2021)
    Wednesday night after a trying day at work, and I needed something good. This was at hand. Two hours to open up (working from home means you can let a bottle air while still on Zoom calls) then it was down to business. Deep blackberry, Darjeeling tea, spice, cedar and moist earth all come through on the nose. It’s a little bit aggressive on the palate, so time is definitely your friend. I will wait on my other bottles, and definitely wait on the Colombiere. Of course I say that now, and will most likely have a loss of willpower sooner rather than later.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Terrific wine, this! I bought mainly in magnum, looking forward to dinner parties a decade or so from now!

Nice that you had that option. [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the early note David, I will take your advice and let this rest
Cheers

One of the best village vosnes out there. Worth the coin to me. I don’t get offers any more.

1 Like

I used to get a six pack, and maybe an extra bottle. Last year it was 2 in total. I don’t like buying singletons of stuff like this, so 2018 was likely my swan song. Still, it was a great ride while it lasted, and I have a decent stash to take me through.

I cobbled together 4-5 and one colombiere. There’s a bit out there around 150-175 if anyone is interested.

$150 for the Vosne, not the Colombiere?

No thanks.

That’s like $500 a bottle now.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I only managed one bottle so I plan to hold it for a while.

You didn’t get any from bottle barn?

That’s insane.

WTF, that is pretty pricey for the straight village, I didnt pay $500 NZD (347.73USD on todays rates) for the grand cru

The 2018 Colombiere was $150 or so when it was released, with significant variance due to tariff effects. The idea that it is now $500 blows my mind.

For the colombiere

B3AC4CCE-6036-4E0F-A855-42BF0249DC44.jpeg

Ok, makes a bit more sense (I guess), I only got allocated 4 of those, 6 BR, 2 NSG Chaignots and an Ech.

Completely beyond the bounds of reason.

I got allocated nothing but managed to scrape together some 18 for not insane pricing,less than 150 average for the colombiere and village and less than 400 for the ech. Didn’t get any ruchottes or cv from 18 but have quite a lot of the 17 which was even better priced.

I mean…
E8008A00-F131-4A86-A9CD-9B36E59E3F38.jpeg
I shudder at what the 18 will cost.