TN: 2019 Francois Chidaine Clos Habert

Popped and poured at probably a bit too cool temp. Lovely light gold yellowish shimmering color. I know this is young to be drinking Chidaine, but having seen bottles oxidize on the younger side, better too early than too late.
White peaches, lychee and limestone on the nose. Lovely texture with peaches, a hint of grapefruit and white pepper on the palate- a nice seamless blend of sweet and tart spice. Really nice.

2 Likes

Had this tonight:

• 2019 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos Habert - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Montlouis-sur-Loire (12/29/2021)
    My first Chidaine from the 2019 vintage, and I had high hopes given just how stunning the 2019 Huets are. I thought this was fine, but underperformed against the Huet sec cuvees. It’s not quite an apples-to-apples comparison as the Habert is a sec tendre falling somewhere between Huet’s sec and demi-sec cuvees in terms of sweetness, but it’s close enough. This was perfectly pleasant but lacked the fireworks of the Huet wines, as well as the 2015 Clos Habert, which was just dazzling on release. While not flabby by any means, it just lacked the cut and definition to take it to the next level. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like