2005 Aubert Abreu Cabernet - Any Notes or Experience?

A back of the wine locker find. Do any of you have experience with, or notes on, this wine?

CellarTracker is bare. TIA

89783864-14A5-4AAC-80A8-B3AAB794F805.jpeg

Interesting, never knew Aubert made a cabernet. Please circle back with TNs. Thanks in advance.

Here’s some notes. None are mine, but I had the wine twice, once in 2011 and again in 2018. It was hot, spoofy, and generally unpleasant. Hopefully your bottle will be better.

Thanks, Scott. I’m not sure it will be. 15.8% ABV

CT was bare, because someone made a brand new dupe with basically no data. I merged this into the wine that has been in our database for 13 years and which has 58 tasting notes.

Also, it’s not a Cabernet. According to Steve Tanzer it is “a ‘right bank’ blend of 44% merlot, 31% cabernet sauvignon and 25% cabernet franc”

1 Like

Thanks, Eric. That seemed pretty odd to me

I cleaned this up a bit further on CT. Red Bordeaux Blend. People had created crap phantom vintages by mismapping Chard and Pinot labels. It is just 2005 and 2006. Plenty of data to look at there.

As I recall, when this came out there was a huge uproar…the wine was getting 79 point scores and people saying they would ask for a refund. I buried mine and tried one at about 10 years old and it was fine but strangely young. I strongly suspect bottle variation … like something affected whole barrels. I have one bottle left that I will try at 20 years old, but if it is in the same vein as the other bottle, I fully expect it to be fantastic.

i had this around 2014. was mediocre at best.