Rhys sparkling offer today

Anyone buying? Looks interesting. I picked up a few:

We are extremely excited to be able to offer the inaugural bottling of the Rhys Perpetual Reserve sparkling wine. This bottling is the result of over five years of collaboration with renowned Champagne producer Rodolphe Peters….

In order to create the Perpetual Reserve, we have selected reserve lots of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from several vintages and aged them carefully in the cellar prior to bottling. In the great tradition of Reserve Champagne, each year new wine is added to the “Solera”, or blend of all prior vintages, and a portion is bottled. The remainder will continue to age until the following year when the process can repeat. This methodology produces a sparkling wine with distinctive aged complexity and great consistency of character. After combining lots from the 2016, 2017 and 2018 vintages….

I went in for a few as well. It’s basically ~Ultramarine pricing and I love their wines.

While I was not a fan of their initial sparkler, I decided to give this a shot. If I don’t like this one then no more.

+1, +1. +1

I bought some. I drink a lot of bubbly, mostly Champagne but also sparkling wine from other places. Also like to encourage domestic producers who aim to produce high quality sparkling wine.

-Al

I bit on a couple.

In!

At $59 with free shipping and a nice John Gillman review (93), it’s worth a try for sure. Hell, their single vineyard chardonnay’s cost much more then that.

My thoughts as well.

I bought 2 bottles! Can’t wait to drink it.

I wasn’t a fan of their initial release so I passed. (I love the rest of their wines.)

I wonder how this release compares with the one from last summer?

Peter,
This is our 3rd sparkling release and IMO each has improved significantly. This year’s release, the “Perpetual Reserve” is similar in style to last year’s Ultra Brut but benefits from the addition of base wine from the excellent 2018 vintage.

We have just received a couple of new reviews of the PR and will be sending those out later today.

1 Like

Similar to the Ultra Brut is great news, as a recent bottle of it was excellent.