TN: 2020 Idlewild Grignolino Fox Hill Vineyard

• 2020 Idlewild Grignolino Fox Hill Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (6/27/2021)
    It’s a dark Rosé or very light red depending on how you want to look at it. Aromatics blossom from the glass, with red berries, green herbs, and a splash of orange zest. Light on the palate, yet full of flavor, the acidity cuts through the richness of our pizza like a hot knife through butter. Interesting and promising first effort with this grape from Idlewild. I will let my other bottle sit a bit before trying again.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Grignolino was my Gatorade when I did a biking tour in Piedmont circa 2015 [wink.gif]

1 Like

This was only as dark as red Gatorade.

Same with the Piedmontesse version. Some of the locals were telling me that traditionally it was extremely tanic but after learning how to gently press it without breaking the seeds is not the case anymore

Hey David, did we drink this together :slight_smile:. Your notes are pretty much identical to mine. Had this a few days ago, I need to post notes on the new Idlewild Piedmont wines, Grignolino, Freisa and Favorita (also Arneis). Have only had a couple of Grignolino when in Italy, this was fantastic, great flavor and character yet very gulpable.

Tom

Certainly gulpable. I couldn’t do that though, as we blew through a bottle of Champagne (Hebrart Rosé) with friends as well.