Denver Wine Group

Anyone here a part of a tasting group or interested in starting on in the Denver Metro area?

I’d be very interested in joining or helping get one going. Located in the Berkeley area.

There’s another thread with a bunch of denver folks interested. I was hoping to get something started, but life has been busy. Happy to help how I can!

I have never been a part of one, too be honest. But want to meet more like minded people.

I am out in Central Park. Happy to meet/do themes whatever is needed.

[wink.gif] [berserker.gif]

Interested, we are south of Denver near the DTC and The Cherry Creek State Park. Bummer Colorado doesn’t have BYOB allowed, makes OLs harder to host.

In Boulder. Would love to participate.

Ditto!

This.

In the foothills above Morrison. The BYOB situation makes things tough. Anybody know if there are exceptions like wine served in restaurants’ private event rooms? I’m guessing there are not but I don’t know.

No, there aren’t. About 99% sure all wine needs to be purchased from the restaurant.

1 Like

Max is correct.

If a restaurant does NOT have a on premise (consumption) liquor/wine license, the restaurant may purchase a license allowing guests to bring in their personal wines. The restaurant then would typically charge for services, glassware, decanters etc.

Obviously, todays’ economics in the restaurant business make this option impossible.

On premise licensees MUST purchase only from licensed wholesale distributors located in Colorado.

Located out by Roxborough Park. I’d love to connect with some fellow local wine lovers!

Any ideas on how to get this party started? Themes? Locations?

Random thoughts:

BYO is mostly not allowed in multiple places I’ve lived. Going to a restaurant and having a friendly conversation with a manager, after eating a meal and tipping well, has often gotten us access to BYO anyway. Mentioning that you’re talking about wine enthusiasts who want to bring special bottles to enjoy with the restaurant’s food can help; you don’t want them to think you’re just being cheap. Sometimes that means corkage and private rooms only, sometimes not. The worst thing that happens is they say no, nobody is offended, and you try another place. It’s all about approaching it well.

Some of the best offlines I’ve been to were at someone’s house or apartment. A lot of times the host will ask people to bring their own glassware and one food dish to share. Or just simple takeout/delivery like pizza is good because it’s wine friendly and the wine is the focus anyway. Obviously this depends on the size of the gathering and comfort level of the host, but it really can work out tremendously well.

Good luck getting something going! I’ve found it is surprisingly difficult, but the rewards can be huge if you persevere.

1 Like

Well this really sucks to hear.

One way to meet new wine folks is to join a wine storage facility/get a locker. These outfits (there’s at least 2 in Denver) can legally host gatherings and did so regularly before the pandemic.

I would be interested as well! I live in the Lakewood area

Curious if there’s any other north-of-Denver Berserkers watching this thread. I have a big yard and enjoy hosting and cooking once in a while.

woot.