Kutch Wines

It doesn’t appear that Kutch does any wine tasting? Don’t know why I haven’t ordered and tried some of these yet, but we are headed over to Santa Rosa on Saturday, June 26 and then onto Ft. Bragg for some camping and I was wondering if someone local can direct me to a retail outlet that might have a few bottles of Kutch wines. Thanks for your help. Cheers!

jamie @ kutchwines.com is the email.

My personal favorite New World Pinot Noir. I have been buying since his initial release (2005 vintage off the top of my head). Never a bad bottle. His Sonoma Coast at $39 is the best value elite Pinot Noir in California.

Email Jamie and see if something can be arranged.

When I visited a friend in London a while back, I could only take two CA bottles to drink with him, and I took a Kutch PN and Togni CS. I figured they showed what our region of Northern California was capable of.

He picked up dinner, which was from a Fish & Chips shack, and showed that Brits can deep fry anything, right up there with a county fair here. I’m sure it was a less than awesome pairing, but he was a Burgundy guy, and was impressed with the Kutch.

Contact Jamie, he would host you at his winery in Sonoma if you can arrange it.

It’s not a lifestyle fancy visit, but the man has some serious passion and intellectual horsepower if you want to learn about his wines and wine in general.