TN: NV Lilbert-Fils Champagne Grand Cru Perle Blanc de Blancs

I suppose this producer has been praised enough here already and very likely I am not saying anything new but boy, how good are these wines. There is nothing extra to them, they are just extremely pure and honest expressions of their terroirs. I have a bad habit of nitpicking but these come off as pretty flawless for my palate. Perfectly harmonious with no fat to drop nor any unnecessary ripeness. So happy to have more of this and the entry level wine in the cellar and an allocation of the next vintage bottling to look forward to.

• NV Lilbert-Fils Champagne Grand Cru Perle Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (19.6.2021)
    65% 2015, 35% 2014. Disgorged Autumn 2020, dosage 3 g/l. Opened a couple of hours in advance to allow it to breathe a bit (highly recommended!). To get right to clichés the nose is like a whiff of sea breeze. Aromatically restrained but so bright and pure with crisp lemony fruit, a little bit of green apple and chalk. On the palate fairly dry and super energetic with wonderful nervous acidity. Despite being very linear and chiseled it has good textural richness and is seamless all the way to the persistent, ultra clean finish. It is incredibly pure and transparent, the perfect wine for a Côte de Blancs purist. The mousse feels a bit softer as it should but really to me these are wines that only start after the bubbles. Just like the little brother this is a fantastic bottle of Chardonnay that is immensely gastronomic and enjoyable. A wonderful, timeless wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Love these wines.

+1

I can’t get enough of the Perle