When will James Suckling break the 100 point barrier?

Has to only be a matter of time, right?

Back when Snooth was still alive, GdP wrote a pretty good satire called something like, “I give that 110 points.”

You mean today?

I think “100+” will suffice for James for now. Leaves it up to the imagination whether the wine is 101 or 10,000,000 points. Better for commerce that way. BTW James is the easiest wine critic to make fun of IMO.

I think Wilfred Wong will beat him to it. “New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, WW 101 points, only $18.99 at BevMo!!!”

1 Like

One must use a wine glass from the Lalique James Suckling 100 Points Collection; all wines can then soar above 100.

1 Like

And, during the 5 cent sale, you can get two bottles for only $30.04! [wow.gif]

1 Like

I would hate to accidently break one of those! I am only averaging around 92 points on my reviews so maybe I can get them up to 94ish with one of those glasses!!! [wow.gif]

Brian you were probably in MN when Haskell’s use to do their classic Nickel Sale. Buy one way overpriced wine and get the 2nd for just 5 cents!

1 Like

Yep. Such a scam.

“Just before you break the 100 pt barrier, the cockpit shakes the most” - Chuck Yeager

It’s only a matter of time

2 Likes

I agree, the crack in the ice will be ‘100+‘

I mean, what will he do with a wine that’s “better than all the 100 pointers previously tasted?”

That’s the trouble with giving any wine 100.

If you stick to 99+ you can at least start using decimals… 99.1, 99.2 and so on. Of course this is an infinitely deep rabbit hole.
Any scoring system purporting to offer 2 significant figure is suspect IMHO.