TN: 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert

• 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (6/14/2021)
    Darker ruby. Nose of damp cellar, cherry pits, violets, earth. Pure dark berry and hints of red plum on the palate laced with tea, iodine, and rocky soil. Bright acidity and still firm tannin. Long finish of black cherry, raspberry, and fine craggy rock. Exhibits deep, concentrated fruit profile while remaining nuanced and light on its feet. Getting better and better. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks Doug, I have a feeling that wine is going to go well for awhile now.

Todd,

I agree. It definitely has lots in the tank.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug, nice note.

I cracked one of these back in January and my mind was blown. “Light on its feet” is dead on. I’d even say ethereal.

Even my inlaws, who typically appreciate wines that offer the subtelty of a sledgehammer, paused to really take it in.

And it just went on and on and on.

Good to know Todd. Just checked and I still have 7 of the 2010 (and a few from other vintages). Will be really fun to see how they evolve. Though, even if they just stayed where they are, that’s a helluva wine.

Hope the new gig is treating you well.

Jason,

Appreciate your comments. As has been discussed elsewhere, I would not be surprised if these wines aged beautifully for another 10 years or more. Doubt I’ll have the patience to wait that long though!

Cheers,
Doug

1 Like

Thanks Doug and Jason. This is a vineyard which takes its time to unfold. I never made rockstar wine, didn’t want to, nor tried to do so. Pretty, just make it pretty and showcase where it came from, and the season that grew it. That was it. A very simple premise.

Some folks got what I was trying to do and others didn’t. I made solid art decisions, and ok business decisions. As a clean and sober guy for the last few years getting out of production has been a good idea, and replacing the puzzle of winemaking with the puzzle of finding vineyards and wineries for people is looking good (working with some sexy brands).

I still have a hundred or so cases to sell, but will mainly do that locally before some Holiday specials come out this third and fourth quarter. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Todd,

As Jason has stated, I hope the new venture goes very, very well.

Best,
Doug

1 Like