Outdoor Napa Tasting Rooms?

At the end of July we are going to be taking our first vacation since COVID started, and have decided on Napa / SF as the destination. We are still a bit cautious with COVID, so are looking to do outdoor tastings only while we’re there. I have been trying to look on websites to see which wineries offer outdoor tastings, but haven’t had much success. I was curious if anyone here has travelled to Napa recently and is aware of a list of wineries that offer outdoor accommodations. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Like

Alpha Omega did last time I was there (pre-covid).

1 Like

Amizetta has ample outdoor seating.

If it’s outdoors they aren’t rooms

1 Like

As of today nearly all Napa wineries are doing tastings outdoors (many prefer it that way). That may change on June 15th to be wide open to any indoor or outdoor tasting with most COVID restrictions slated to being lifted.

We recently tasted outside at Ashes and Diamonds.

2 Likes

Was there late March, all were either outside or in a private room. Outside included: Matthiason, Domaine Carneros, Montelena, Pride (included indoor tour), Alpha Omega, Seqouia Grove, and Louis Martini. Indoor and private were Dakota Shy and Rivers Marie. Call ahead as another poster indicated, rules will be likely changing

1 Like

Mumm Napa has a lovely outdoor space to taste their sparkling wines. And then check out the rotating photography exhibit, always interesting, plus a wonderful collection of Ansel Adams. Turnbull also has a fabulous rotating photography exhibit, and their tasting room is large, high ceilings, very open, or you can probably taste outdoors there. Even if you don’t taste either place, the photography is always worth a stop. No one will be bothered if you just walk in, look at the photos, but don’t taste, just act like you own the place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends on how CAL/OSHA moves in the meeting tonight.

Thanks all for the tips! Anyone have any must see spots for a good experience?

I love Napa valley, but we don’t drink a lot of Napa wines, so are never under pressure to find tastings. For an outdoor lunch, you can’t beat Auberge du Soleil, with a beautiful view, excellent food, and a good wine list as well. It’s relatively affordable, especially for lunch.

I was there a few weeks ago. Outdoor tasting at Amici, Mumm, Di Costanzo (over lunch at Charter Oak) and Gargiulo.
Indoor with R-M/William & Mary, Myriad, Flint Knoll

Late afternoon at Corison. Book everything well in advance; it is already a zoo up there on Fri-Sun. Sterling has a nice patio and the gondola ride up is an extra.

The hill-tops can be lovely for the views, e.g., Robert Craig (weekends only), Barnett, Pride, Outpost….Black Sears’ tasting spot is literally the hillside to which is a short hike. And a bit cooler than the valley floor.