Is 2016 Produttori Riserva Really $100??

Got an offer from Crush today that included it, among other things. Now, Crush isn’t always the best price when I do a search so I looked through W-S pro and lo and behold… that looks like what I need to be expecting to pay (or at least $90+) if these prices are representative. I know 2016 Italians are good, but was it a short year for Produttori?

It’s the opposite - it was a big crop

I just purchased some here in NZ, they were a fair bit cheaper than that , $82.50 (NZD) per bottle

back vintages are looking awfully attractive these days…
Great wine, but this just kind of feels like the 2008 Taittinger Comtes Champagne, price gouging based on vintage quality.

I agree. there are still 13s available (that never sold out btw) on shelves for 2/3 this price for another really good vintage that will be ready much sooner. heck I still get emails with 09s and earlier available for better than this pretty often.

I jumped on a local offer at $67.50 with a couple each of Asili and Rabaja and a Muncagata and an Ovello.

1 Like

Bottle King in New Jersey has them for ~$65.

Has been thoroughly explored: Criminal (EDIT: or silly, if you like) pricing on 2016 Produttori Crus - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

The Wine.com warehouse that serves the northeast has some of the '16 Riservas at $75.
Go through RMN and use some of the Coupon Codes on the long Berserkers thread and you can get that price down a good bit. Provided you accept some of the hassles associated with WDC, and have contacts you can ship to in the area.

union square wines all around $75 which seems reasonable.

1 Like

thanks for this heads up. I like USW too

I am hardly objective, but I think Barolo and Barbaresco are still reasonable, given the competition. I just received a mailer with Givry at $62 and Pernand-Vergelesses at $69.

1 Like

Shhhhh

1 Like

Was able to grab a few bottles from my local for $68.99 per - Montefico, Muncagota, Ovello, Pora, and Rabaja.
$69 on 6/9. Nice.

Anyone know when these 2016 Produttori Riservas are going to hit the US??? Wine-searcher has only had them on pre-order for months now, same vendors overcharging. I’m hoping when they arrive, we’ll see somewhat normal retail pricing ($60-75) [beg.gif]

They already hit retailers, at least on the east coast. Wine.com (NY warehouse) has it by the caseload at pretty reasonable prices ($75 before coupons and cash back) back in March/April

My local had a small allocation they released through their mailing list in early June. Limited to one each for $68.99 per - Montefico, Muncagota, Ovello, Pora, and Rabaja.

PA wine and Spirits only received a case each of the SVDs at one store only. Secured a 6 pack of Rabaja, Asili and montefico for 72 a bottle.

at this point I feel like the price is weird, but the weirder thing is how long it is taking places to get allocations

I think WDC had the best deal for these for those got it in time. Got mine for $45-$50 including tax and shipping.