Wineslash

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5555
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 9:03 am
Location: Sunny South Florida
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Wineslash

#1 Post by Ken Strauss »

I just started receiving emails from Wineslash. Anyone have any experience with them?
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7995
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Wineslash

#2 Post by Markus S »

With a name like that I would stay FAR AWAY.
$ _ € ® e . k @

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7812
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Wineslash

#3 Post by Bdklein »

I've bought from them a few times.

2016 BV Georges de LaTour Napa Valley Cabernet .
2013 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet
2014 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet

Haven't opened them yet but felt price was right .
Had no issues with order/shipping and orders shipped temperature controlled until final delivery.
And prompt replies to my emails .
B r u c € K 1 e 1 n

User avatar
Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1309
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: Wineslash

#4 Post by Max S. »

Off the top of my head, price looks around W-S low on:

Penfolds Bin 28
Capanna Brunello
"And just to be clear, this is a post criticizing people who criticize people who criticize for a living . . ." - J Bloom

5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7995
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Wineslash

#5 Post by Markus S »

Image
$ _ € ® e . k @

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4303
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Wineslash

#6 Post by scamhi »

I started receiving their emails and promptly unsubscribed. Never signed up for them. Who is behind these?
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

John K. Glenn
Posts: 3
Joined: August 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wineslash

#7 Post by John K. Glenn »

I would STRONGLY suggest you NOT do business with this company. They go cheap when it comes to shipping. You will get cooked wine in the summer. And, if you have a problem, you will end up talking to Maurine, the psycho owner. She goes postal as soon as you tell her that you have an issue with the shipping company. You can't return the product. So you end up stuck with bad wine because they use a budget shipper.

Kevin Patrick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 500
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 4:40 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Wineslash

#8 Post by Kevin Patrick »

John K. Glenn wrote: August 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm I would STRONGLY suggest you NOT do business with this company. They go cheap when it comes to shipping. You will get cooked wine in the summer. And, if you have a problem, you will end up talking to Maurine, the psycho owner. She goes postal as soon as you tell her that you have an issue with the shipping company. You can't return the product. So you end up stuck with bad wine because they use a budget shipper.
First post coming in hot!

I have no view in this company but always find things like this "curious."

John K. Glenn
Posts: 3
Joined: August 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wineslash

#9 Post by John K. Glenn »

Kevin, not understanding your comment. Curious as to why I made the post or curious as to what occurred?

User avatar
Jason L.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 544
Joined: December 17th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Wineslash

#10 Post by Jason L. »

He is implying that people who register solely to write a negative review are initially less trusted than people who have participated for a while. Without further context about you it merely reads as a potential hit & run. I'm not saying that's the case here, but that's generally how established online communities feel about new arrivals.
Stereophonic Wine
@StereophonicWine
🍷Wines from Paso, SLO and Napa.
🎧 Currently listening to: Arooj Aftab - Mohabbat
Founder, Jason Lefler

John K. Glenn
Posts: 3
Joined: August 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wineslash

#11 Post by John K. Glenn »

That makes sense. My initial reason was just that, but after reading numerous posts on a variety of subjects, I'm glad I joined! And once again, I am willing to provide specifics for anyone thinking about doing business with WineSlash, as I want to minimize the people going through what I experienced when there are so many great companies out there run by great people!

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 44300
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 324 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Wineslash

#12 Post by Neal.Mollen »

John K. Glenn wrote: August 30th, 2021, 12:09 pm That makes sense. My initial reason was just that, but after reading numerous posts on a variety of subjects, I'm glad I joined! And once again, I am willing to provide specifics for anyone thinking about doing business with WineSlash, as I want to minimize the people going through what I experienced when there are so many great companies out there run by great people!
Glad you're here. I think the reaction is borne of experience; we get a bunch of folks who sign up just so they can bash someone they've had bad experiences with (or who is a competitor?).

But I always trust John Glenn, even if he died 5 years ago. [snort.gif]
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Matthew Brown
Posts: 6288
Joined: June 4th, 2009, 10:03 am
Location: Charlottesville Albion/ITB
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Wineslash

#13 Post by Matthew Brown »

Neal.Mollen wrote: August 30th, 2021, 1:12 pm
But I always trust John Glenn, even if he died 5 years ago. [snort.gif]
Nah, he directed 'Moonraker'. Still trustworthy though.
Needs a make on a white pimpmobile

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 44300
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 324 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Wineslash

#14 Post by Neal.Mollen »

Matthew Brown wrote: August 30th, 2021, 1:17 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote: August 30th, 2021, 1:12 pm
But I always trust John Glenn, even if he died 5 years ago. [snort.gif]
Nah, he directed 'Moonraker'. Still trustworthy though.
True, but that was before he died. Hasn't made a dog since then!
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Adolfo H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 38
Joined: February 4th, 2020, 8:04 am
Location: Santa Rosa
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Wineslash

#15 Post by Adolfo H »

I bit on a mystery case with a pair or Riedels around a year ago. The wine showed up fine, but one of the glasses was missing. I sent them a pleasant note saying so and they sent me two more in the mail. If I remember correctly it shipped in styrofoam.

A few interesting things pop up there, but it's a bargain hunter site. I'd place my expectations accordingly.
...ernandez

ITB; Monroy Wines among others

Maurine Cotton
Posts: 2
Joined: September 17th, 2021, 4:49 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Wineslash

#16 Post by Maurine Cotton »

This is the "Psycho Owner" Maurine. I really tried to ignore this, but John Glenn sends me frequent text messages with threats and such words as "I have so many connections in Napa, you will regret this decision until the end of your time"


This morning (10/26/2021) I received a text that said "Did you see my latest 2 reviews online? In the Halloween Spirit, it will scare off customers!" This prompted me to come back to this review which my assistant found online a month ago.

The fact is, John Glenn, did create this account on Wine Berserkers with the sole intent of placing a negative review on my company.

This entire thing started because he wasn't home to receive and sign for the wine he ordered for 3 days in a row, and then contacted me after his missed Friday delivery attempt stating it would "spoil" over the weekend.

I worked with him and said "No Problem, please refuse the shipment when it arrives Monday, and I will refund you".
However, he did not refuse the shipment, he accepted it, and signed for it. He still demanded a full refund, and refused to return the wine.
I offered to have a pick-up happen, and he refused saying it was cooked, so there was no reason to return it.

We send out the tracking numbers as soon as the orders ship so you can track your order.
John Glenn made no effort to receive his order safely & timely, and was not willing to make a compromise with us.
He refused to return wine he claims is "cooked".

His credit card company actually sided with him and I lost the case that he files against me, and I dropped it becuase his $140 is not worth the stress, the harassment or the bullying I have already endured.

He has gone online to multiple avenues to trash talk my husband and I all because I refused to give him what he wanted in the first place, which was a full refund without having to return the wine.

We are a great company, ran by SIX people. Myself, My husband, our office manager, and 3 packers.
We own 100% of our inventory.
We pick/pack/ship everything ourselves.
We do not go on the cheap on shipping and offer FREE ICE BRICKS (that other companies charge up to $9 per brick), free sturdy styrofoam shippers, no sales tax, and free shipping over $99, as well as free temperature controlled shipping.

I am at the warehouse in Benicia, California 6 days of the week packing wine, answering phones and customer emails, leaving by 1pm to pick our 6 year old daughter up from school.

I have so many wonderful customers from all over the country, who I have formed relationships with, had lunch & dinner with when they have visited Napa, and in fact send our family Christmas card too!

Feel free to visit our site, and our FAQ and send me an email asking any questions.
Visit or facebook and see all of my customers whom I have a personal relationship with over the last 6 years.

I guess the saying goes, you cannot make everyone happy. Which is understandable.

Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.

Maurine Cotton
Posts: 2
Joined: September 17th, 2021, 4:49 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Wineslash

#17 Post by Maurine Cotton »

scamhi wrote: May 30th, 2021, 4:51 pm I started receiving their emails and promptly unsubscribed. Never signed up for them. Who is behind these?
You probably signed up with one of our partner wineries.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7812
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Wineslash

#18 Post by Bdklein »

And John uses a middle initial . My parents told me to watch out for those people.
Last edited by Bdklein on October 27th, 2021, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
B r u c € K 1 e 1 n

User avatar
Peter Hirsch
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3139
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 7:19 pm
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Wineslash

#19 Post by Peter Hirsch »

Maurine Cotton wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:15 pm This is the "Psycho Owner" Maurine. I really tried to ignore this, but John Glenn sends me frequent text messages with threats and such words as "I have so many connections in Napa, you will regret this decision until the end of your time"


This morning (10/26/2021) I received a text that said "Did you see my latest 2 reviews online? In the Halloween Spirit, it will scare off customers!" This prompted me to come back to this review which my assistant found online a month ago.

The fact is, John Glenn, did create this account on Wine Berserkers with the sole intent of placing a negative review on my company.

This entire thing started because he wasn't home to receive and sign for the wine he ordered for 3 days in a row, and then contacted me after his missed Friday delivery attempt stating it would "spoil" over the weekend.

I worked with him and said "No Problem, please refuse the shipment when it arrives Monday, and I will refund you".
However, he did not refuse the shipment, he accepted it, and signed for it. He still demanded a full refund, and refused to return the wine.
I offered to have a pick-up happen, and he refused saying it was cooked, so there was no reason to return it.

We send out the tracking numbers as soon as the orders ship so you can track your order.
John Glenn made no effort to receive his order safely & timely, and was not willing to make a compromise with us.
He refused to return wine he claims is "cooked".

His credit card company actually sided with him and I lost the case that he files against me, and I dropped it becuase his $140 is not worth the stress, the harassment or the bullying I have already endured.

He has gone online to multiple avenues to trash talk my husband and I all because I refused to give him what he wanted in the first place, which was a full refund without having to return the wine.

We are a great company, ran by SIX people. Myself, My husband, our office manager, and 3 packers.
We own 100% of our inventory.
We pick/pack/ship everything ourselves.
We do not go on the cheap on shipping and offer FREE ICE BRICKS (that other companies charge up to $9 per brick), free sturdy styrofoam shippers, no sales tax, and free shipping over $99, as well as free temperature controlled shipping.

I am at the warehouse in Benicia, California 6 days of the week packing wine, answering phones and customer emails, leaving by 1pm to pick our 6 year old daughter up from school.

I have so many wonderful customers from all over the country, who I have formed relationships with, had lunch & dinner with when they have visited Napa, and in fact send our family Christmas card too!

Feel free to visit our site, and our FAQ and send me an email asking any questions.
Visit or facebook and see all of my customers whom I have a personal relationship with over the last 6 years.

I guess the saying goes, you cannot make everyone happy. Which is understandable.

Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.
Nice response, sorry for your hassle. I'll take a look at your site...

theocorrel
Posts: 295
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 6:45 pm
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Wineslash

#20 Post by theocorrel »

Maurine - Thank you for your response. I've reviewed your FAQs/terms for your site, and they look great - more than reasonable. I am signing up for your emails - thank you. And sorry for your hassle. Theo

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 7995
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Wineslash

#21 Post by Markus S »

Maurine Cotton wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:15 pm Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.
Learn something new every day. And like 'John Glenn' is his real name.
$ _ € ® e . k @

Cbonnell
Posts: 67
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 10:24 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Wineslash

#22 Post by Cbonnell »

I for one love Wineslash. They have some amazing deals (2014 Amulet Cabernet comes to mind) and everything is quick and efficient. Shipping has been perfect; wines have arrived as advertised. I would put them in the upper echelon of companies like this (Wine Spies, WTSO).
Craig

Nate Simon
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 3161
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Wineslash

#23 Post by Nate Simon »

John K. Glenn wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:46 am Kevin, not understanding your comment. Curious as to why I made the post or curious as to what occurred?
Well, John, that kind of backfired on you.

User avatar
B. Davies
Posts: 1076
Joined: September 14th, 2021, 9:36 am
Location: DMV (Virginia)
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Wineslash

#24 Post by B. Davies »

I think this made me trust them more tbh.
WSET III
Accountant --> Boutique Wine Store Manager
Bill Davies

User avatar
Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5450
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Wineslash

#25 Post by Arv R »

Whatever the equities of the situation might be, I think it would be wiser to simply describe the facts in your post and refrain from characterizing critics. The fact that those negative reviewers have contributed nothing to the board in the long run will erode any weight that might be placed on a drive by smear.

If you have good products & services - and working 6 days a week to meet demand suggests you're on to something - just keep on doing what you're doing.

=====

I would point out that one valid reason why consumers might not want to return heat damaged bottles to sellers is that there is the concern that they will just get recycled to the next customer. So collectively all consumers are worse off when that happens. (I doubt the complain poster cares/thinks about that though) Perhaps asking consumers to write with a black marking pen on the front label 'Heat Damaged by Cruel Summer & uncaring Common Carrier' and then set up a return is the way to address this for all parties - no risk of consumer getting free wine by lying about damage, no risk to future purchasers getting the tainted bottles recycled to them. This is analogous to the way the insurance industry handles total losses on autos, titles get marked as 'salvaged'.
Maurine Cotton wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:15 pm This is the "Psycho Owner" Maurine. I really tried to ignore this, but John Glenn sends me frequent text messages with threats and such words as "I have so many connections in Napa, you will regret this decision until the end of your time"


This morning (10/26/2021) I received a text that said "Did you see my latest 2 reviews online? In the Halloween Spirit, it will scare off customers!" This prompted me to come back to this review which my assistant found online a month ago.

The fact is, John Glenn, did create this account on Wine Berserkers with the sole intent of placing a negative review on my company.

This entire thing started because he wasn't home to receive and sign for the wine he ordered for 3 days in a row, and then contacted me after his missed Friday delivery attempt stating it would "spoil" over the weekend.

I worked with him and said "No Problem, please refuse the shipment when it arrives Monday, and I will refund you".
However, he did not refuse the shipment, he accepted it, and signed for it. He still demanded a full refund, and refused to return the wine.
I offered to have a pick-up happen, and he refused saying it was cooked, so there was no reason to return it.

We send out the tracking numbers as soon as the orders ship so you can track your order.
John Glenn made no effort to receive his order safely & timely, and was not willing to make a compromise with us.
He refused to return wine he claims is "cooked".

His credit card company actually sided with him and I lost the case that he files against me, and I dropped it becuase his $140 is not worth the stress, the harassment or the bullying I have already endured.

He has gone online to multiple avenues to trash talk my husband and I all because I refused to give him what he wanted in the first place, which was a full refund without having to return the wine.

We are a great company, ran by SIX people. Myself, My husband, our office manager, and 3 packers.
We own 100% of our inventory.
We pick/pack/ship everything ourselves.
We do not go on the cheap on shipping and offer FREE ICE BRICKS (that other companies charge up to $9 per brick), free sturdy styrofoam shippers, no sales tax, and free shipping over $99, as well as free temperature controlled shipping.

I am at the warehouse in Benicia, California 6 days of the week packing wine, answering phones and customer emails, leaving by 1pm to pick our 6 year old daughter up from school.

I have so many wonderful customers from all over the country, who I have formed relationships with, had lunch & dinner with when they have visited Napa, and in fact send our family Christmas card too!

Feel free to visit our site, and our FAQ and send me an email asking any questions.
Visit or facebook and see all of my customers whom I have a personal relationship with over the last 6 years.

I guess the saying goes, you cannot make everyone happy. Which is understandable.

Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.
R_@_0
https://dilbert.com/strip/1991-12-08

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 9972
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 491 times

Re: Wineslash

#26 Post by larry schaffer »

Maurine,

Thanks for your post and for clarifying things from your side. This is certainly one of the things I love about this site - it gives the opportunity to view things from multiple viewpoints when possible. Glad you found us and hope that you join us for discussions from time to time.

John,

Hoping you come back on this thread and discuss the subject further now that other info has come to light.

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Steve Costigan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 575
Joined: July 22nd, 2018, 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Wineslash

#27 Post by Steve Costigan »

I’m on the other end of the spectrum from JKG. I was a club member of a WA state producer for years when I stopped receiving shipments over the course of several releases (and was being charged). I had to put in multiple emails to get a response and received multiple affirmations that shipments would be sent but were not received. Than I was blamed for providing the wrong address because, according to the winemaker, shipments were being returned (nope, address was correct and was receiving shipments from other WA producers without issue). Finally I demanded to have all my wine shipped or receive a refund by a certain date, after which I finally received the wine and I dropped my membership.

Despite the abysmal customer service and my refusal to every buy anything from him again, I will not identify or bad mouth this producer. Why? First, I received what I ordered. More importantly, the business is competitive enough and I don’t see a good reason to make life more difficult for anyone. Perhaps there are explanations for the aberrant behavior (e.g., personal problems? financial problems?). I think he’s just disorganized and chaotic on the business side. His business may fail because of this type of customer service but I don’t see a reason to exacerbate that happening.
“I’ve never had a wine that had too much oak”

User avatar
B. Davies
Posts: 1076
Joined: September 14th, 2021, 9:36 am
Location: DMV (Virginia)
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Wineslash

#28 Post by B. Davies »

Steve Costigan wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:43 am I’m on the other end of the spectrum from JKG. I was a club member of a WA state producer for years when I stopped receiving shipments over the course of several releases (and was being charged). I had to put in multiple emails to get a response and received multiple affirmations that shipments would be sent but were not received. Than I was blamed for providing the wrong address because, according to the winemaker, shipments were being returned (nope, address was correct and was receiving shipments from other WA producers without issue). Finally I demanded to have all my wine shipped or receive a refund by a certain date, after which I finally received the wine and I dropped my membership.

Despite the abysmal customer service and my refusal to every buy anything from him again, I will not identify or bad mouth this producer. Why? First, I received what I ordered. More importantly, the business is competitive enough and I don’t see a good reason to make life more difficult for anyone. Perhaps there are explanations for the aberrant behavior (e.g., personal problems? financial problems?). I think he’s just disorganized and chaotic on the business side. His business may fail because of this type of customer service but I don’t see a reason to exacerbate that happening.
We are in an age of information. I don't leave negative reviews on businesses even if the experience was not great. I will say there are exceptions to that rule. We were car shopping and one dealership was a horrible experience enough that I would advise others not to go. I've gone to sushi places that made me sick that I still tried to right what I could say positively about it, but if you read closely between the lines in my review you can tell how I really felt. In general, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see why you wouldn't want to DDOS this producer.

I think when people start name calling it loses credibility. I definitely see your point that a bad business owner will fail on their own without your help.
WSET III
Accountant --> Boutique Wine Store Manager
Bill Davies

User avatar
Steve Costigan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 575
Joined: July 22nd, 2018, 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Wineslash

#29 Post by Steve Costigan »

B. Davies wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:50 am
Steve Costigan wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:43 am I’m on the other end of the spectrum from JKG. I was a club member of a WA state producer for years when I stopped receiving shipments over the course of several releases (and was being charged). I had to put in multiple emails to get a response and received multiple affirmations that shipments would be sent but were not received. Than I was blamed for providing the wrong address because, according to the winemaker, shipments were being returned (nope, address was correct and was receiving shipments from other WA producers without issue). Finally I demanded to have all my wine shipped or receive a refund by a certain date, after which I finally received the wine and I dropped my membership.

Despite the abysmal customer service and my refusal to every buy anything from him again, I will not identify or bad mouth this producer. Why? First, I received what I ordered. More importantly, the business is competitive enough and I don’t see a good reason to make life more difficult for anyone. Perhaps there are explanations for the aberrant behavior (e.g., personal problems? financial problems?). I think he’s just disorganized and chaotic on the business side. His business may fail because of this type of customer service but I don’t see a reason to exacerbate that happening.
We are in an age of information. I don't leave negative reviews on businesses even if the experience was not great. I will say there are exceptions to that rule. We were car shopping and one dealership was a horrible experience enough that I would advise others not to go. I've gone to sushi places that made me sick that I still tried to right what I could say positively about it, but if you read closely between the lines in my review you can tell how I really felt. In general, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see why you wouldn't want to DDOS this producer.

I think when people start name calling it loses credibility. I definitely see your point that a bad business owner will fail on their own without your help.
I would add that I feel free to comment on the quality of what’s in the bottle. I have no hesitancy to call it as I see it, even when someone makes flawed or barely drinkable wine. That’s information that should be shared.
“I’ve never had a wine that had too much oak”

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 12093
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Wineslash

#30 Post by Merrill Lindquist »

Maurine Cotton wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:15 pm This is the "Psycho Owner" Maurine. I really tried to ignore this, but John Glenn sends me frequent text messages with threats and such words as "I have so many connections in Napa, you will regret this decision until the end of your time"


This morning (10/26/2021) I received a text that said "Did you see my latest 2 reviews online? In the Halloween Spirit, it will scare off customers!" This prompted me to come back to this review which my assistant found online a month ago.

The fact is, John Glenn, did create this account on Wine Berserkers with the sole intent of placing a negative review on my company.

This entire thing started because he wasn't home to receive and sign for the wine he ordered for 3 days in a row, and then contacted me after his missed Friday delivery attempt stating it would "spoil" over the weekend.

I worked with him and said "No Problem, please refuse the shipment when it arrives Monday, and I will refund you".
However, he did not refuse the shipment, he accepted it, and signed for it. He still demanded a full refund, and refused to return the wine.
I offered to have a pick-up happen, and he refused saying it was cooked, so there was no reason to return it.

We send out the tracking numbers as soon as the orders ship so you can track your order.
John Glenn made no effort to receive his order safely & timely, and was not willing to make a compromise with us.
He refused to return wine he claims is "cooked".

His credit card company actually sided with him and I lost the case that he files against me, and I dropped it becuase his $140 is not worth the stress, the harassment or the bullying I have already endured.

He has gone online to multiple avenues to trash talk my husband and I all because I refused to give him what he wanted in the first place, which was a full refund without having to return the wine.

We are a great company, ran by SIX people. Myself, My husband, our office manager, and 3 packers.
We own 100% of our inventory.
We pick/pack/ship everything ourselves.
We do not go on the cheap on shipping and offer FREE ICE BRICKS (that other companies charge up to $9 per brick), free sturdy styrofoam shippers, no sales tax, and free shipping over $99, as well as free temperature controlled shipping.

I am at the warehouse in Benicia, California 6 days of the week packing wine, answering phones and customer emails, leaving by 1pm to pick our 6 year old daughter up from school.

I have so many wonderful customers from all over the country, who I have formed relationships with, had lunch & dinner with when they have visited Napa, and in fact send our family Christmas card too!

Feel free to visit our site, and our FAQ and send me an email asking any questions.
Visit or facebook and see all of my customers whom I have a personal relationship with over the last 6 years.

I guess the saying goes, you cannot make everyone happy. Which is understandable.

Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.
Thanks for coming on and stating your side of the case - it always helps to hear 2 sides to the story.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
B. Davies
Posts: 1076
Joined: September 14th, 2021, 9:36 am
Location: DMV (Virginia)
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Wineslash

#31 Post by B. Davies »

Steve Costigan wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:55 am
B. Davies wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:50 am
Steve Costigan wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:43 am I’m on the other end of the spectrum from JKG. I was a club member of a WA state producer for years when I stopped receiving shipments over the course of several releases (and was being charged). I had to put in multiple emails to get a response and received multiple affirmations that shipments would be sent but were not received. Than I was blamed for providing the wrong address because, according to the winemaker, shipments were being returned (nope, address was correct and was receiving shipments from other WA producers without issue). Finally I demanded to have all my wine shipped or receive a refund by a certain date, after which I finally received the wine and I dropped my membership.

Despite the abysmal customer service and my refusal to every buy anything from him again, I will not identify or bad mouth this producer. Why? First, I received what I ordered. More importantly, the business is competitive enough and I don’t see a good reason to make life more difficult for anyone. Perhaps there are explanations for the aberrant behavior (e.g., personal problems? financial problems?). I think he’s just disorganized and chaotic on the business side. His business may fail because of this type of customer service but I don’t see a reason to exacerbate that happening.
We are in an age of information. I don't leave negative reviews on businesses even if the experience was not great. I will say there are exceptions to that rule. We were car shopping and one dealership was a horrible experience enough that I would advise others not to go. I've gone to sushi places that made me sick that I still tried to right what I could say positively about it, but if you read closely between the lines in my review you can tell how I really felt. In general, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see why you wouldn't want to DDOS this producer.

I think when people start name calling it loses credibility. I definitely see your point that a bad business owner will fail on their own without your help.
I would add that I feel free to comment on the quality of what’s in the bottle. I have no hesitancy to call it as I see it, even when someone makes flawed or barely drinkable wine. That’s information that should be shared.
I had some AWFUL non-alcoholic wine recently. It tasted like straight vinegar and a splash of maybe crystal light. It has very high reviews online, but I kept it to myself because I'm not the target demographic and I don't think it's fair for someone who has no need for non-alcoholic substitutes when I'm perfectly fine having a soda or whatever if need be.
WSET III
Accountant --> Boutique Wine Store Manager
Bill Davies

User avatar
Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4668
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Wineslash

#32 Post by Paul Jaouen »

larry schaffer wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:04 am
John,

Hoping you come back on this thread and discuss the subject further now that other info has come to light.

Cheers
I bet that would work out great for him. [rofl.gif]
Best,
Paul Jaouen

User avatar
Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5450
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Wineslash

#33 Post by Arv R »

Reviews that stick to facts and timelines are best. Actually I think that both complainant Glenn and vendor Maurine end up looking poorly in this public airing of their dispute.
R_@_0
https://dilbert.com/strip/1991-12-08

User avatar
Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5555
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 9:03 am
Location: Sunny South Florida
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Wineslash

#34 Post by Ken Strauss »

I ended up making 3 orders from WineSlash.
All 3 were flawless.
Thank you Maurine for participating! It is nice to know who I am doing business with.
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

Nate Simon
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 3161
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Wineslash

#35 Post by Nate Simon »

John K. Glenn wrote: August 30th, 2021, 12:09 pm That makes sense. My initial reason was just that, but after reading numerous posts on a variety of subjects, I'm glad I joined! And once again, I am willing to provide specifics for anyone thinking about doing business with WineSlash, as I want to minimize the people going through what I experienced when there are so many great companies out there run by great people!
Mr. Glenn, thanks for chiming in. I made first order with Maurine this morning, directly as a result of her brilliant response to your petulant post.

User avatar
B. Davies
Posts: 1076
Joined: September 14th, 2021, 9:36 am
Location: DMV (Virginia)
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Wineslash

#36 Post by B. Davies »

The reverse Uno card is strong in this thread.
WSET III
Accountant --> Boutique Wine Store Manager
Bill Davies

Art R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 211
Joined: August 14th, 2015, 1:45 pm
Location: Detroit
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Wineslash

#37 Post by Art R »

There are always three sides to the story.
Rose

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 834
Joined: January 26th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Location: BURGHen County, NJ
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Wineslash

#38 Post by TGigante »

Hopefully a good story of making a positive out of a negative. Nice job Maurine laying out the situation from your perspective.
Cheers,
Tony

Mike D1r3nz0
Posts: 5
Joined: August 16th, 2021, 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Wineslash

#39 Post by Mike D1r3nz0 »

I’ve ordered from them 3 times. No issues at all — very smooth with shipping and good pricing. Like all these types of sites it’s a bit hit or miss on selection, but when something comes across that is tempting I wouldn’t hesitate to order again

ChrisMcElligott
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 216
Joined: August 23rd, 2012, 3:39 pm
Location: Omaha
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Wineslash

#40 Post by ChrisMcElligott »

I too have ordered from wineslash in the past, Probably a couple of orders at the most with no complaints. I do Check the site almost daily looking for “new arrivals” so to speak.

Carry on….

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10703
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 9:21 am
Location: LosAlamos, NM
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 330 times

So...

#41 Post by TomHill »

Mike D1r3nz0 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 11:21 am I’ve ordered from them 3 times. No issues at all — very smooth with shipping and good pricing. Like all these types of sites it’s a bit hit or miss on selection, but when something comes across that is tempting I wouldn’t hesitate to order again
So, Mike....we've been told they "go cheap" when shipping. How'd you get yours shipped? Pony Express or Wagon Train...both highly regarded shippers.

Tom

Mike D1r3nz0
Posts: 5
Joined: August 16th, 2021, 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: So...

#42 Post by Mike D1r3nz0 »

TomHill wrote: October 27th, 2021, 12:00 pm
Mike D1r3nz0 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 11:21 am I’ve ordered from them 3 times. No issues at all — very smooth with shipping and good pricing. Like all these types of sites it’s a bit hit or miss on selection, but when something comes across that is tempting I wouldn’t hesitate to order again
So, Mike....we've been told they "go cheap" when shipping. How'd you get yours shipped? Pony Express or Wagon Train...both highly regarded shippers.

Tom
I’m in DFW. All of mine came LSO, in styrofoam shipper, with ice pack. Nothing about it struck me as cheap.

Daniel Walsh
Posts: 170
Joined: August 20th, 2021, 11:08 pm
Location: LA County
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Wineslash

#43 Post by Daniel Walsh »

Just purchased a bottle and I'll let you guys know how the shipping experience goes.

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15170
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 514 times

Re: Wineslash

#44 Post by alan weinberg »

can’t find a web site. I don’t do Facebook.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7812
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Wineslash

#45 Post by Bdklein »

Bdklein wrote: May 30th, 2021, 12:22 pm I've bought from them a few times.

2016 BV Georges de LaTour Napa Valley Cabernet .
2013 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet
2014 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet

Haven't opened them yet but felt price was right .
Had no issues with order/shipping and orders shipped temperature controlled until final delivery.
And prompt replies to my emails .
Bump
B r u c € K 1 e 1 n

Nate Simon
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 3161
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Wineslash

#46 Post by Nate Simon »

alan weinberg wrote: October 27th, 2021, 12:51 pm can’t find a web site. I don’t do Facebook.
https://wineslash.mybigcommerce.com/

User avatar
D Zurcher
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 892
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:11 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Wineslash

#47 Post by D Zurcher »

Wow-2019 Bedrock OVZ for $20...might be worth a look...
DanZ

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15170
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 514 times

Re: Wineslash

#48 Post by alan weinberg »

Nate Simon wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:00 pm
alan weinberg wrote: October 27th, 2021, 12:51 pm can’t find a web site. I don’t do Facebook.
https://wineslash.mybigcommerce.com/
thanks.

User avatar
cjsavino
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 6767
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 5:00 pm
Location: Cranford NJ
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Wineslash

#49 Post by cjsavino »

D Zurcher wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:24 pm Wow-2019 Bedrock OVZ for $20...might be worth a look...
Got me in
Chris
Image

User avatar
lleichtman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1995
Joined: June 28th, 2014, 6:28 pm
Location: Santa Fe NM
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Wineslash

#50 Post by lleichtman »

Jason L. wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:53 am He is implying that people who register solely to write a negative review are initially less trusted than people who have participated for a while. Without further context about you it merely reads as a potential hit & run. I'm not saying that's the case here, but that's generally how established online communities feel about new arrivals.
There is listed on a post the number of posts from a particular poster. Kevin has over 5000 posts listed. Hardly hit and run. [stirthepothal.gif] Sorry, I answered the wrong poster. It was John Glenn who seemed to have done the hit and run. Lists just 3 posts.
Last edited by lleichtman on October 27th, 2021, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrence G. Leichtman

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”