Third Party Shipping to Virginia ???

I’ve used Buffalo Shipping post to ship wine to Virginia, however they’re not shipping here any more.

Do you know of any third party shippers who will ship from Napa to VA?

Thanks!

All Ways Cool in Santa Rosa still in business?

Maybe stagecoach

I’m surprised and disappointed to hear that shipping to VA is a problem. The state has a wine industry of its own (to an extent) and I would have thought it would look for reciprocity to foster shipping out of VA. It’s been many years since I bought any wine directly from a CA producer but at the time, I recall VA being on the “good” list.

Is this prohibition, burdensome regulation, excess taxation . . . what exactly is the impediment?

Wow, I never thought I’d see the day when someone could need to ship to NC for pickup from VA :slight_smile:.

Some wineries decide not to get the license, like Marcassin. They used to have one but I guess they let it lapse ( like all the other stes they used to ship to)since they released no wine for years.

But Marcassin is the only winery I was interested in that would not ship here. Kistler, Aubert, Carlisle,… all ship here with no problem.

1 Like

Would need more information on what’s being shipped to say. Some smaller wineries may only choose to ship to the states that require the least amount of time and paperwork. Might also be a collection of wines, not a winery. By and large, Virginia is still winery friendly simply judging from the mailing lists many of our customers tell us that they’re on.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem in Maryland. Marcassin sent me an email recommending either All Ways Cool, Stagecoach Express, and Buffalo’s Shipping Post. I emailed All Ways Cool and am not getting any replies.

Anyone have opinions on Stagecoach vs Buffalo?

Yup, Buffalo changed the address I provided and tried sending a multi case shipment to a non existent street in Houston during a short cool spell. The wine got cooked before being accurately delivered.
I told them about it as soon as I received the confirmation of shipment email, management defended the employee in light of my criticism intensifying as she did not look at the screen telling her there was a conflict between zip and street name. She cried and management banned me from shipping again.

When they don’t ship to MD, I direct them to a FedEx office in DC. Almost everyone ships there. And I pick up when I want (within five days). You are close to DC in SS.

Brian: Thanks! I did not even think of that. I’ll check into FedEx in DC