Third Party Shipping to Virginia ???

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
K. R. Baker

Third Party Shipping to Virginia ???

#1 Post by K. R. Baker »

I've used Buffalo Shipping post to ship wine to Virginia, however they're not shipping here any more.

Do you know of any third party shippers who will ship from Napa to VA?

Thanks!
Kevin Baker

Bob Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Third Party Shipping to Virginia ???

#2 Post by Bob Davis »

All Ways Cool in Santa Rosa still in business?

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

Maybe stagecoach

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Neal.Mollen »

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that shipping to VA is a problem. The state has a wine industry of its own (to an extent) and I would have thought it would look for reciprocity to foster shipping out of VA. It's been many years since I bought any wine directly from a CA producer but at the time, I recall VA being on the "good" list.

Is this prohibition, burdensome regulation, excess taxation . . . what exactly is the impediment?
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Stan Y.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Stan Y. »

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when someone could need to ship to NC for pickup from VA :-).
S. Y @ t € s

Bob Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Bob Davis »

Neal.Mollen wrote: May 30th, 2021, 6:34 am I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that shipping to VA is a problem. The state has a wine industry of its own (to an extent) and I would have thought it would look for reciprocity to foster shipping out of VA. It's been many years since I bought any wine directly from a CA producer but at the time, I recall VA being on the "good" list.

Is this prohibition, burdensome regulation, excess taxation . . . what exactly is the impediment?
Some wineries decide not to get the license, like Marcassin. They used to have one but I guess they let it lapse ( like all the other stes they used to ship to)since they released no wine for years.

But Marcassin is the only winery I was interested in that would not ship here. Kistler, Aubert, Carlisle,... all ship here with no problem.

Matthew Brown

#7 Post by Matthew Brown »

Neal.Mollen wrote: May 30th, 2021, 6:34 am I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that shipping to VA is a problem. The state has a wine industry of its own (to an extent) and I would have thought it would look for reciprocity to foster shipping out of VA. It's been many years since I bought any wine directly from a CA producer but at the time, I recall VA being on the "good" list.

Would need more information on what’s being shipped to say. Some smaller wineries may only choose to ship to the states that require the least amount of time and paperwork. Might also be a collection of wines, not a winery. By and large, Virginia is still winery friendly simply judging from the mailing lists many of our customers tell us that they’re on.
Needs a make on a white pimpmobile

Don Thomas

#8 Post by Don Thomas »

I'm having the same problem in Maryland. Marcassin sent me an email recommending either All Ways Cool, Stagecoach Express, and Buffalo's Shipping Post. I emailed All Ways Cool and am not getting any replies.

Anyone have opinions on Stagecoach vs Buffalo?
Don Thomas
Give me any fruit forward, complex, well balanced wine, and I'll love it! If the fruit is dead and long gone... bleh! Give it to the necrophiles.

Richard Albert

#9 Post by Richard Albert »

Yup, Buffalo changed the address I provided and tried sending a multi case shipment to a non existent street in Houston during a short cool spell. The wine got cooked before being accurately delivered.
I told them about it as soon as I received the confirmation of shipment email, management defended the employee in light of my criticism intensifying as she did not look at the screen telling her there was a conflict between zip and street name. She cried and management banned me from shipping again.
ITB

Brian Pinci
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Brian Pinci »

Don Thomas wrote: June 5th, 2021, 11:01 am I'm having the same problem in Maryland. Marcassin sent me an email recommending either All Ways Cool, Stagecoach Express, and Buffalo's Shipping Post. I emailed All Ways Cool and am not getting any replies.

Anyone have opinions on Stagecoach vs Buffalo?
When they don’t ship to MD, I direct them to a FedEx office in DC. Almost everyone ships there. And I pick up when I want (within five days). You are close to DC in SS.
Brian Pinci

Don Thomas

#11 Post by Don Thomas »

Brian: Thanks! I did not even think of that. I'll check into FedEx in DC
Don Thomas
Give me any fruit forward, complex, well balanced wine, and I'll love it! If the fruit is dead and long gone... bleh! Give it to the necrophiles.

Return to “Wine Talk”