TN: 2017 Aeris Wines Carricante Bianco Centennial Mountain

• 2017 Aeris Wines Carricante Bianco Centennial Mountain - USA, California, Sonoma County (5/23/2021)
    12% abv. Very pale straw color, nice aromatics. Ripe pear, apple, some citrus, stone and spice. Penetrating and edgy. A really tasty and interesting wine that has evolved well over the past several months. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, Mike. I had this wine a few weeks ago and your notes very much agree with my impression. Cheers.

Jeff, this wine was nice a year or so ago, but seems to have taken it to a new level. The variety may have found a great home in CA!

Thanks for the note, Mike. I have one of these and will test it again soon, somehow I wasn’t enticed by it last year.

I was about to enter my TN as a new thread, but found this one. It’s interesting how much Mike’s and my notes have in common. Copied from my CT:

I recall not liking the first vintage of this, or perhaps it was another Aeris. However, I stuck with the winery and kept buying a few each year. I’m really glad I did.
This is an outstanding and unique American white. At the start, there’s a saline mineral citrus scent that is remotely reminiscent of Chablis, but that’s where the similarities end. This has a rich and expansive mouthfeel, with that citrus mixed with pear and perhaps some melon. A long but gentle finish. The invigorating cut keeps it fresh. A really phenomenal wine.

Cheers,
Warren
E84F4284-6283-49DE-9C1B-E9235B5A6CEA.jpeg

1 Like

Warren, I have a shipment scheduled for delivery today. I can’t wait to revisit this wine.

1 Like

Just received my shipment of 18s and I continue to be extremely impressed!

• 2018 Aeris Wines Carricante Bianco Centennial Mountain - USA, California, Sonoma County (11/21/2021)
    12% abv. Light straw, very aromatic. On the palate, bright citrus, crushed stone, orchard fruit, saline minerality and floral overtones. Intriguing, complex, and absolutely distinctive. Excellent depth and length. I expect this will age very well over the next half decade or more. My second tasting of this wine and I continued to be impressed. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker