TN: 2016 Caves Duplessis Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre

• 2016 Caves Duplessis Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (5/18/2021)
    Ok…I was just thinking about if there is another Chablis producer that resembles my fav Raveneau…that amazingly waxy sensual texture, intense vibrant citrus cut, and classic Chablis sea air salinity…when I first took a sip of this 16 Duplessis MdT it totally reminded me of Raveneau! Only this wine has done that, as the other Duplessis I’ve had, have been built for the long haul, and structured like a fortress! A nice cellar temp brings out that wonderful waxiness…soft and so inviting…plush and ripe fruit ala vintage…creamed with a smidgen vanilla spiced oak…lemon/lime citrus adds a vein of energy…crushed oyster shell galore give it salt…pretty florals of white flower, lime blossom, and some spearmint…in such balance and effortless…TOTAL Chablis! Amazing recovery from the 15, which either had a faulty cork issue, or I just had bad luck with a few bottles. LOVE this 16! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Buzz, did you buy any of the 2017 Duplessis Chablis offered by Dan Kravitz earlier this year?

No…I’ve been buying from envoyer from 14, and have paused buying since the 15 MdT issues I had, as well as the 16 Clos that was not to my liking. But this 16 MdT has reinvigorated my taste for the Dup…so if I see some 17 I’ll probably dabble.