2019 Azienda Agricola Montesecondo

Has anyone tried this? Galloni gave it 92 points and I’m scratching my head. I’m getting Welch’s grape juice/ Hubba Bubba grape bubble gum. I don’t get it. Might be a good candidate for sangria…

Are you talking about this?: Montesecondo | Bowler Wine

I buy their Chianti without reservation (assuming the pricing isn’t absurd) and have been enjoying them for approx 15 years. Not sure what you were drinking but it doesn’t sound at all like my experience with a couple of dozen bottles of Montesecondo.

RT

Hubba Bubba sounds like volatile acidity, but I’ve never had the wine.

I was thinking of that bubblegum fruit you get (or got) in Deboeuf Beaujolais, which I understood was the byproduct of the yeast strains they use.

Yes, it was this one.

https://www.bowlerwine.com/wine-or-spirit/sangiovese-igt-toscana-1

It tastes unlike any Italian wine I’ve had before. As someone mentioned in another post, it does sort of remind me of a carbonic maceration Beaujolais. I have five bottles left. Will report back on the next bottle.

Ouch, hopefully the rest aren’t that way.

I prefer the chianti classico over the TIN bottling. Don’t think I’ve ever bought the entry levels wines, although probably tasted some at Dressner/Chambers events. Currently sitting on some 2014s and 2015s but went pretty long on 2010 and 2011…and enjoyed them all.

RT