Chateau Lafitte... Jurançon?

I searched on the board to see if there was any chat on this wine but obviously, searching for “Lafitte” does not return Jurançon results!

Anybody had any of the wines from this domaine? I received an offer this morning for the Jurançon sec, doux, the Pet’Nat and the VdF Argile.

It looks like a small production and is very low intervention in the vineyard and the chai.

Does anybody have experience with these wines (especially the Jurançon sec)? They are on the pricey side and I’m not sure if they are a-worth it, b-too “natural” (mousiness issues, etc.).

I have the Orange in the queue to drink here, will report back, they are pretty common here (thats why I didn’t consider stocking in our place)

1 Like

I didn’t like the Orange much, very heavy skin contact and quite generic.

1 Like

I should add that a friend really enjoyed the Argile this week. I haven’t tried it.

Hmmmmm…Juracon. That is quite sometimes ago that SAQ was still carrying them fr0m Domaine Cauhape -import by Balthazard.

I started to meet Bill ( of the Gazette when he took over from Anderson )…because he wrote about Jurancon by quoting what H. Johnson said : * I was a girl when I met this prince, aroused, imperious, treacherous as all great seducers are - Jurancon. *

Just checking my cellar I still have a bottle of 2004 Jurancon Sec - seve d’automne 15% alc - by Cauhape and a bottle of 2005 Jurancon - Symonie de novembre - 14.5% alc also by Cauhape.

No experience at all with Lafitte - Jurancon.