TN: 2016 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sky Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder)

• 2016 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sky Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder (5/13/2021)
    So I assumed this would be showing pretty well, given that the 2016 Lagier Meredith Syrah, also from Mt. Veeder, was glorious a few months ago.

WRONG!

This wine needs tons of time. Last night it was a wall of tannin and steel. Tonight it’s a bit more giving, but still tight. There’s some spice, as well as a little bit of blackberry fruit, but overall it’s closed as a Chick Fil A on Sunday. The density/depth is there, it just does not want to play right now. Let is rest in the cellar.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Same vineyard as the Sky Zinfandel that bears that as the winery name? I assume so. Those 2013s were showing young, so I guess your experience with the same vineyard three years younger makes sense. I know a lot of those traits can be brought about through the winemaking process, but still…

Thanks for posting.

Great note! I shall put it in the “Drink after 2040 bin!” [cheers.gif]

Do you have a drink after 2030 bin?

Yes. Chris Cottrell did a Bedrock podcast with one of the folks from Sky, and talked about getting grapes from them.

it’s closed as a Chick Fil A on Sunday.

Never say never. MN liquor stores were closed on Sundays for decades and now open for business!

Connecticut as well, but I suspect this wine will be full tertiary before Chick-fil-a enters the 21st century.

1 Like

thanks for the note here. ive looked at this wine a couple times recently to open and have picked something else instead so far. now im glad that i did