Fine Disregard Spring 2021 release

Fine Disregard’s spring release is live - anyone re-upping from Berserker Day?

Here’s their newbie introduction — https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3175522#p3175522

I have been a big fan of their Semillon for a while now. Not sure if they will have availability after allocations are filled but …

Our Spring Release has arrived!! We’re excited because this Release solidifies two steadily emerging themes for us. First and foremost, 2019 is the vintage when we felt like we really started to dial in the style of our winemaking, producing wines that are more structured than their 2018 siblings, but no less elegant.

It also finds us embracing California’s rich viticultural history by focusing on three varieties so often confined to supporting roles in the old world. And yet, like so many other immigrant stories, they thrived when given the opportunity here in California.

Carignane, a high acid, early ripening variety was often viewed as a simple workhorse in Spain and Southern France. While it was orginally interplanted in California’s 19th century Zinfandel vineyards precisely for those workhorse qualities, it made sleek, even graceful wines on its own and continues to do so today.

Mataro, another key variety in those early mixed black plantings, found a unique home in the decades before Prohibition when Italian and Portuguese immigrants planted it in the sands of Contra Costa tempering the growl of its rustic tannins. To this day, the wines continue to be unique from any other expressions of the variety.

Semillon, a 19th century emigré from Bordeaux crucial to the region’s white wines (as it is to this day), also enjoyed success in the warm climes of California where its texture was the backbone of so many old mixed white vineyards. Rather than sacrificing those qualities as a varietal wine, it proves they were building blocks for refinement.

Super affordable ( $24 - 26!) and very reasonable shipping. https://www.finedisregardwine.com

I’m fine disregarding it .

Just a play on words - no comment about the wine-I know nothing about it.

Hmmm. Got the save the date but not the release email…I’ll have to check the spam folder.

My email came yesterday … or you could just sign in I guess?

Love their wines. The Semillon is KILLER!!!

This was the find of berserker day for me (after Sabelli Firsch was last year).

I order from very few wine lists these days, but i’m in!