Michael Brughelli's new releases

I was lucky enough to taste Brughelli’s first releases of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Both from the 2018 vintage. Very High quality and delicious. These wines have structure and are age worthy and should to develop for many years.
Michael has in the wine/vineyard business on the Central Coast for many years. Knows how the farm and make great wine. Robb Report just published an article about Michael and his wines, easy to find online

Jim,

Welcome, my friend - good to see you here. Just an FYI - are you still the GM for ABC? Just like to put things in context - and you should note you are ITB. Are you still making your Makor wines? I really dug them, my friend.

Michael is a great guy who has been involved in a bunch of wineries and wine businesses in our area - he used to work for the Miller Family (Bien Nacido Vineyard among others and Central Coast Wine Services) and is currently the winemaker for Folded Hills, having taken over for Angela Osborne. He also is working for Bank of Marin IIRC.

I read the Robb Report article - the wines sound really interesting and the pricing is ‘aggressive’ to put it mildly. I’ll be anxious to try these myself sometime in the near future.

Don’t be a stranger on the board please - I don’t expect Jim C will ever be on here but ABC is mentioned often and it’d be great for someone in addition to Blake Brown, Jim’s biggest chearleader [snort.gif] , to jump on here.

Cheers.

Received the below from Michael on 4/28 and was anxiously awaiting the release of additional details. I am a fan from Michael’s days at Scar of the Sea (with Mikey Giugni) and his work with Bien Nacido/Chris Hammell, but after reading the above referenced Robb Report (assuming it is correct), the cost of $200 per bottle is unfortunately a bit too aggressive for me. Too bad. He’s a great guy and I truly would like to support his namesake label, but it looks like he’s pricing me out. Regardless, I hope it’s a huge success for him. He’s paid his dues and is deserving.

Dear Tim,

It is a pleasure to share BRVGHELLI wines with the world.

I have long believed investing in top-tier farming techniques over multiple years enables certain vineyard parcels to deliver a region’s very best wines. After having devoted over a decade of time and energy in the fields, these wines were crafted from single-vineyard blocks. With that said, I am electing to refrain from vineyard and block designations. The Santa Maria Valley and my approach to farming its soils is very sacred to me. I am fortunate beyond measure to call it my canvas and will not reduce its vast voice down to specific designations. Rather, BRVGHELLI wines will showcase what the Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County can do in terms of producing wines that can stand on a world stage.

If you haven’t already please register for your account at:
ACQUIRE BRVGHELLI

BRVGHELLI wines will be available for purchase on May 13th, and you will receive an email next week detailing the allocation and purchase process.

All my best,
Michael Brughelli