Becklyn release live

So, what are people getting?

Prices are the same (and have been the same for at least several years), so kudos to Matt and team for that!

Love Becklyn and Mike Smith wines, so will definitely be buying, but still trying to decide which ones and how many . . .

1 Like

2 NV, as usual . Great wine and good value .

NV is good value and I do always get some of those bottles.

My bigger dilemma (and question) is between the Reserve and the Hopper ($30/bottle price difference).

Anyone with experience with both have thoughts on how they generally differ?

I have not have enough of either to truly compare (as many of my previous bottles are still resting).

I got 6 Napa this time, because I’ve found those are always reliable go-tos for us. Then 2 SB, 2 Moulds, 1 Missouri Hopper, and 1 Pangkarra.

1ea plus an extra Napa.

I always get the NV – it is a great value at $65. Have found I prefer it to the Moulds but have not tried past several vintages of the Moulds.

My only experience with the Missouri Hopper was grabbing it by accident when going for the NV – I noticed the difference enough to check the vintage – and it turned out to be the MH. More complexity and concentration and what made me double-check was the great, long finish. I think it was a '15?

Haven’t popped a Pangkarra but may before ordering.

Don’t overlook the Sauv Blanc

1 Like

Was hoping to grab a mixed case this year but can’t justify paying over $80 on ground shipping to LA. Last time I checked these aren’t coming from NY, are they?

Will go in for my regular order of NV and MH. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I wish they would make the labels of NV and Hopper more visually different. Seems strange to me that they don’t. Anyone know the reason?

On the other hand, the Moulds (reserve) is very different, and I actually like that label more than NV/Hopper, but again, it’s what is inside the bottle, not outside, but still . . .

If there is anybody new to this list, these wines are great.

One time, after several wines were opened and consumed with friends, I accidentally opened a Missouri Hopper, thinking it was a Napa Valley. The labels are nearly identical, and the font and font color are not very clear. Frankly that happened to me with a 2016 Myriad and Myriad Steltzner, as well. It is operator error (aka me), lol.

How do these wines compare to Myriad or Carter? Those are the Mike Smith wines with which I’m most familiar.

6x NV, 6x Sauv Blanc (wanted to try the white), 3x Pangkarra, 3x Missouri Hopper. I’ve been impressed so far and budgeted for a bigger purchase this year.

The Becklyn NV is arguably his best appellation blend.

1 Like

Did you guys get an e-mail that the release was open? I thought this was going live May 5.

Email on 4/15/21 says May 4, maybe they have different offer levels.

In
3 Pangkarra, 4 Missouri Hopper, 5 Moulds. [cheers.gif]

B0609D1D-6478-4905-8E2F-2C67A76B5AB0.jpg

Email; 12:06 PM

Bought everything except the SB.

Order in. We are enjoying a 2016 NV tonight. It’s fantastic!