TN: 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Evangelho Vineyard

• 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Evangelho Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (5/3/2021)
    Right around two years since my last bottle of this, and it needed a couple of hours in the decanter to open up, and become Evangelho. When I took a small pour on opening it seemed a bit shrill, and alcoholic. Two hours later that deep, sappy core was back, and it tasted like Evangelho.

There is something about this site. Bedrock, D&R, or whatever, the message is the same. It always has that core. It’s a life force, the blood of the vineyard pulsing through the wine. Ripe blackberries as a life-giving fluid that sustains a place, and transmits its energy through the glass. Each bottle is a privilege.

Posted from CellarTracker

7 Likes

thanks for this note! I have one of these im sitting on but I agree with you on Evangelho. love it.

“It’s a life force, the blood of the vineyard pulsing through the wine.”

Well said (and, I’m stealing it.):sunglasses:
Best, jim

1 Like

FYI, the last glass was Tuesday night, and it showed very much the same. That sappy core was still there. The center holds!

1 Like

Evangelho is just their best wine, period, in my book. Agree 100% on its consistent quality and intriguing qualities.

Great note as always David! While Evangelho is far from my favorite Bedrock (actually bottom tier for me), a 2015 I opened a few months back was definitley the best one that I’ve had. The alcohol was noticeable to me as well on the finish, but it did integrate some with time in the glass. Thinking this wine still has some upside. [cheers.gif]

#2 behind Lorenzo’s for me.

Had a 17 a couple nights ago. Love this one in every vintage My favorite Bedrock along with the Monte Rosso Zin.

Love all the iterations of Evangelho from multiple wineries, but I always like Bedrock and D&R’s the best. I’ve got one bottle of Bedrock’s 2015 left. I think I’ll bury it in the cellar and see what it becomes in 5-10 years.