Zachys Auction Shipping -- Beware

So Zachy’s Auctions is charging $51 for GROUND shipping a 2-btl won lot. I know freight carriers have raised their prices due to COVID, etc., but I live in Minnesota and receive full cases from California and other auction sites for roughly $40 or less. I questioned Zachy’s on this charge, but they insisted the 2-btl lot shipped ground was $50.26 plus tax, plus insurance. I am done with Zachy’s auctions. Beware

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had fights with Zachys over this too. And my shipment was via truck to downtown Manhattan.

Motto: “If you can find a higher price elsewhere, we will beat it------guaranteed.”

Whoa, wtf? 50 bucks to downtown Manhattan??

Thanks for posting this, Gary. Good to know, as I’m in MN too. Bought some Krug from them which had high shipping, but I figured it was because of the individual cartons that needed to be bubble wrapped together and put in one oversized box.

You’ll be even more delighted to know that we had an argument about how it needed to be 2 cases, because one of the 10 bottles was a magnum. I was supposed explicitly told that they could NOT make that one case.

What are you talking about? Why don’t you pick it up yourself? Their warehouse is just down the block from the post office on Westmorland.

[smileyvault-ban.gif] pileon newhere

I have picked up from them to avoid this actually, because it’s only $100 to rent a car for the day (and I can do other things upstate).

Oh, you’re one of those guys who thinks everything north of 125th street is upstate.

They wanted $50+ To ship a single magnum. I asked for the package size and weight and emailed them a UPS label.

When I lived in White Plains I was emphatically informed that Bronxville and Yonkers were and always have been upstate.

Weird, they charged my $16.82 to ship 3 bottles to San Francisco back in February.

125th street? You mean 59th?

Zachy’s generally has insanely high shipping for everything. It’s one of the reasons I rarely buy anything there.

\

I have known people like you who have not left an area bounded by the Staten Island Ferry Terminal and 59th street in years. They have a nervous breakdown if they are invited to one of those nouveau fru fru restaurants in, heaven forbid, Brooklyn.

That was a mistake. The cost might have been that price.

Not commenting on Zachy’s but shipping in general. Get ready… UPS and FEDEX are turning the screws on everyone. Nearly every company uses shipping and handling as a revenue source and the carriers are trying, successfully, to take a great share of it. They look at it and say “you’re charging double our rates so we are raising our”.

They’ve been really hiking oversized packages and then lowered what is considered oversized.

My UPS rep hates coming to our office because she knows it’s both barrels every time.

Zachys is the worst IMO. It’s not their bad pricing, shipping, default mandatory insurance, or high buyers premium but their atrocious customer service that I can’t stand. Good news is you don’t have to buy from them so take your business wherever you want if you are unhappy with your experience. Some people love them and will continue to buy and that is their choice. Good luck!

+1

They occasionally have a great price which is eroded by the shipping, and I’ve lost track how many times I’ve bailed out buying from them at the end.

I have been to your house Jay, and I believe that qualifies as WAY upstate, non? neener

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to see to the decanting of a bottle for my second trip to Brooklyn this week… [berserker.gif]

Or you could ask me for a ride?