TN: 2006 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (France, Champagne)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2006 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (France, Champagne)

#1 Post by J a y H a c k »

• 2006 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (4/25/2021)
    I think this has entered a dumb phase, although the four other diners liked it. It was toasty brioche with some lemon acidity, but not as expressive as I expected. Purchased three years ago from a retailer. I like the Comtes style a lot and this seemed more subdued that the other bottles of the 2006 Comtes that I have has, so I recommend keeping hands off for a few years - preferably five. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2006 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (France, Champagne)

#2 Post by Mike Grammer »

Appreciate this note, Jay, as I've had it 4 times previously and it has been stunning all 4 times. I do have a bottle of the Rose queued up for opening soon so I will be sure to let it have plenty of air before we sample it. Hope all else is well

Mike
Lived Life. With Love. Full Cup

Andy Sc

Re: TN: 2006 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut (France, Champagne)

#3 Post by Andy Sc »

I noticed back in late 2019 that the 2006 is no longer as open and expressive as it was in the prior years.
Andrew Scheppler - Based in Europe, a special place for Bordeaux and Burgundy but with love for so many regions every now and then.

HenryB

#4 Post by HenryB »

Mike Grammer wrote: April 26th, 2021, 5:14 am Appreciate this note, Jay, as I've had it 4 times previously and it has been stunning all 4 times. I do have a bottle of the Rose queued up for opening soon so I will be sure to let it have plenty of air before we sample it. Hope all else is well

Mike
Is that the 06 rose?

CT notes are a bit mixed so I'm unclear on it - just bought 9 magnums at auction, so trying to work out when to pop one..
|3 r 0 w |\|

Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Curtis Chen »

Andy Sc wrote: April 26th, 2021, 5:19 am I noticed back in late 2019 that the 2006 is no longer as open and expressive as it was in the prior years.
Same same

Blake Brown
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6 Post by Blake Brown »

Of the over 50 bottles of 06` Comtes I've had, only a handful have been shut down or tight. Had a stellar bottle last week so it may be a bottle to bottle thing for a while until it gets on the consistent spiraling up track.

Cheers
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Mike Grammer »

HenryB wrote: April 26th, 2021, 2:35 pm
Mike Grammer wrote: April 26th, 2021, 5:14 am Appreciate this note, Jay, as I've had it 4 times previously and it has been stunning all 4 times. I do have a bottle of the Rose queued up for opening soon so I will be sure to let it have plenty of air before we sample it. Hope all else is well

Mike
Is that the 06 rose?

CT notes are a bit mixed so I'm unclear on it - just bought 9 magnums at auction, so trying to work out when to pop one..
Sorry, yes--the 06 rose
Lived Life. With Love. Full Cup

Return to “Wine Talk”