TNR or thoughts needed on 12 Rostaing Cote Blonde

A couple years a go I snagged 3 of these at a pretty decent price ($115 I think) and never having a Rostaing of any kind before, I was excited about the purchase. All the major critics thought very well in their write ups, and most of the early CT reviews followed in the same vein. Recently though, there is been a string of notes essentially throwing this under the bus so to speak, very green, little fruit, and well below the normal standard for a Rostaing CR.

Any additional insights or recent experiences? Is it possible this is in adolescence and should just be left alone for a while? Crack one soon find out or myself? Given the current pricing of later vintages is close or north of $200, I’m willing to be patient.

Thanks for any insight or recent tastes!

The Rostaings have for me been strict and beautiful wines in a kind of restrained way when young - the ones that have been fully open for buisness have been 15+ years old.

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask, but I’ve seen a drop in quality between Cote Blonde and their other wines like La Landonne. All great wines, but there’s a difference…

1 Like