TN: Nothing but 'Net...

Tonight we tried the 2009 Jean-Paul Thevenet, Morgon, Vieilles Vignes. Gorgeous, aged Beau nose of sweet cherries, a combo of fresh and dried, with clove, earth, sarsaparilla, mushroom, and pretty floral accents wafting from the Grassl Cru glass. Beautiful on the palate, with bottle-sweet cherry fruit that just really pops, again a hint of dried fruit along with the fresh notes, with cinnamon/clove, earth/gravel, mushroom, and sarsaparilla flavors. The texture is supple, mouth-coating, and with enough light tannin and acid to complete the plush, supple quality. I had a bottle of this a little over a year ago and thought it was one of the best '09s I had tried recently, and this bottle is even better and just in prime drinking shape. Just pure, gorgeous Morgon, and a delightful match with grilled pork tenderloin and mashers. Sadly, my last 750, but there’s a mag left for some future get together with wine geeks when we all can. If you have this wine, open one now…you won’t regret it. Approx…93-95.

not enough bojo is cellared. nicely done.