WTSO $120 case sale?

I realize I’m not going to get a berserkerday, but are these checking out or am I better off drinking what I have?

Worth checking out. Last spring I bought a case of Cabernet, figured I could use it for cooking, the wife and girlfriends loved it. Gone by Last Oct. and can still purchase it for between $17 and $20.
You have to know what you’re buying.

The Mr. B I promoted a million times for $132 is the best case sale I have ever seen in 20 years plus.

WTSO has been going down hill and not getting the deals over the past year. I used to buy a ton from them but maybe one or two a year now.

Yes; they ‘used’ to have great buys but lately…hardly.
The others that I know who order from them also have dropped off dramatically in ordering via WTSO.

I would have thought with the wineries getting backed up from no tasting room walk ins or restaurant sales WTSO would be offering much better CA/WA products.

Maybe some of the fallout will begin to appear on their site.

I was looking at the case sale for inexpensive summer wines.
I can do as well or better at my local wine shop buying their big case lot sales. It is a similar gamble buying unknown wines at $10 and under but at least I keep some of my money local.

And I agree with the comment about WTSO and their recent offerings. The quality of the wines on offer seem to have slipped significantly over the past two years.

I still see some good wine at fair prices but overall, yes, quality has gone downhill. Covid hasn’t helped either. CS remains excellent.

Have to say I disagree on quality of their offerings, I think they’ve sustained quite a high level overall. As with any of these sites, you have to use a good filter as there is plenty of mediocre / filler stuff, but definitely some great deals to be had IMO. That said, the $120 case sale is not great and never has been

1 Like

This case sale is not appealing to me so far.

I’ve started buying from them recently and like the offerings on the wines from Les Vins de Vienne, some affordable barolos and barbarescos, and a few others in last chance.
Wish I knew about them in the good times…

How does their marathon compare to the Last Bottle?

I don’t think their marathons are great either, LB definitely better there. WTSO’s best stuff is just through the daily offers, the Last Chance / Premium pages (especially if you want to try smaller quantities with free shipping), and sometimes the Weekly Tasting has good deals with BOGO 50% off.

honestly i haven’t purchased anything from WTSO in a few years

I’d say more like for over 10 years now. They were best when they started until just after the financial crisis (2008-2009).

Drink what you have.

[cheers.gif]