I let a nice wine wither and fade in my wine locker

• 2005 Core Hard Core - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (4/10/2021)
    Congratulations to Dave Corey. This wine is still showing well, although I think it may be past its peak. Black fruits and some cedar. The tannins are still evident but smooth. It has aged well and is smooth from the attack through the finish. Still big. Quite popular with a co-worker who said red wine usually gives him a headache.
  • 2010 Cascina Feipu dei Massaretti Rossese Riviera Ligure di Ponente - Italy, Liguria, Riviera Ligure di Ponente (4/10/2021)
    Showed wonderfully. Complex. Both red and black fruits. A little bit sweet on the attack, more acidic in the midpalate, but balanced. A nice finish. This is a good food wine. I don’t recall having a wine from Liguria before. I picked this up from the Kermit Lynch discount bin and it was a steal.
  • 2010 Domaine de la Tour du Bon Bandol Blanc - France, Provence, Bandol (4/10/2021)
    Over the hill, in an elegant way. Not oxidized and no alcohol was showing. It’s like someone took the bottle, emptied out a quarter of it and replaced it with distilled water. Some floral notes and white stone fruit. It didn’t evolve in the two hours it was opened. Purchased at Kermit Lynch in Berkeley. I wish I had not buried it in my locker and I had opened it five years ago.

Steve, I think Kermit only imported the Massaretti wines for a few vintages. The wines were nice, but I think they have some bottle variation issues IIRC. Try the wines from Punta Crena, another KL producer from Liguria, I think they are better across the board.

It’s always cool tasting wines that you never expected to still have in your cellar. Sometimes little miracles, sometimes a frustrating whump on the head.

This is probably the best endorsement I’ve seen in a while :slight_smile:. I can already see the shelf talker.