Hitler on Wine

I haven’t noticed this posted here but forgive me if I just missed it. It is the usual movie passage recaptioned for the wine industry and Parker. I thought that this would be appropriate here in wine rather than the Asylum, but feel free to move it if I was incorrect.

Is this supposed to be amusing? It isn’t.

Yes, that was the intention.

Sorry but in these tense days, I cant find any humor in any representation of Hitler ranting. May just be me.

1 Like

There is nothing funny or clever about this

1 Like

I think it’s amusing, the words in the rant could be taken straight from some threads here. I understand why some people don’t want to see it or don’t think it’s funny, Hitler’s a tricky subject and some people aren’t comfortable seeing him in something with levity. Mel Brooks The Producers was very controversial when it first came out. My wife made me take “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich” off the bookshelf because it has a swastika on the spine and it just freaks her out even though it’s a history book. I wouldn’t show her this.

There are a lot of things that I think are funny that a lot of other people don’t think are funny.
This ain’t funny.

1 Like

There are hundreds or thousands of these on the internet based off this Downfall clip. Sometimes they’re good, sometimes not.

If someone dislikes them because it’s Hitler per se, I get that. No argument.

6 Likes

Adding fake subtitles to this clip was an internet meme a few years back. Enough time had passed, and many were kind of funny. But now it’s too soon again.

Haha, everything old is new again. :wink:
More info in the description:

Published on Aug 30, 2011
Because someone had to do it. I created this video 18 months ago when “Hitler reacts to” videos were all the rage and Robert Parker’s 2007 California Cabernet vintage report was the talk of Napa Valley. I decided not to publish the video. Now that Parker has appointed Antonio Galloni to replace him as The Wine Advocate’s critic on California wines, I decided to go ahead and post this video in honor of #cabernetday​. Cheers!

I still think the Kubernetes version was the funniest.

This one is not particularly funny or clever. The one on law professors was fabulous.
Phil Jones

Fascinating topic.

I’m fine with them.

I enjoyed the one about the Dallas Cowboys.

“Mr. Jones, our season is kaput.”

I think mocking helps take away the power of his ‘meme.’ No reverence for this guy, at all. Disarming him via ridicule is great, don’t add to his mystical power.

How did people here feel about JoJo Rabbit?

I preferred the K8s version. neener

2 Likes

Problem is, geographically speaking, Rheinhessen is nowhere near Berlin.

Jojo rabbit was absolutely incredible.

If people dont like mocking Hitler, you’ll havec to avoid most British television 1945~1990.

'Allo 'Allo has been a guilty pleasure of mine this year.

People were mocking Hitler during WWII. Is the idea that because every bad person in politics gets compared to Hitler these days that he now has to be treated sanctimoniously?

With that said this isn’t particularly funny, meme is played out. The only funny thing about the wine theme is that Hitler was a teetotaler. JUST LIKE DONALD TRUMP!

It’s OK - Hitler’s been informed about these dreadful parodies…Hitler finds out about the Downfall Parodies - YouTube

1 Like

I don’t find anything about Hitler to be funny but Jo Jo Rabbit was a great film.