Wine Shops in Clearwater, FL / Berns Steakhouse?

I’ve struck out online. Any tips on solid wine shops that deliver to the hotel zone in Clearwater? We’re escaping Brooklyn for a week of sunshine and culture shock.

We’re also going to Berns Tuesday night. I haven’t seen a whole lot of great values under $200 in the list, I’m considering taking a flyer on old Rhone wines from producers I’ve never heard of. Any gems or favorites?

Thanks in advance.
-michael

There’s a wine shop (Bern’s Fine Wines) across the street from Bern’s at the Epicurean Hotel.

Once you are seated for dinner, ask for Brad Dixon. He’s a great somm. Tell him your budget and he will take care of you. I’ve eaten at Bern’s 40+ times and he has always been wonderful.

B-21 will deliver to hotels in the area.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Thanks Jen. Really appreciate it!

Mazzaro’s Italian Market
2909 22nd Avenue N

St Petersburg, FL 33713
&
Redneck Wine
3225 S MacDill Ave, Tampa, FL
&
Luekens
23025 US-19, Clearwater, FL

+1 on Mazzaro’s.

Redneck may or may not deliver to clearwater, but great selection.

B21 probably delivers there and has a good selection, but YMMV if they mess up your order as their customer service is… suspect.

Email Brad now. Let him know your interests and budget and he will do a great job.

B-21 your best option for wine shopping

Agreed. Actually I make my reservation around Brad schedule. He’s great at finding wonderful wines at all price levels.

+1
Ask for Brad and ask to be and ask to be seated in the Andre Tchelistcheff room. Only 4 tables in there and it’s much quieter.

TryWine in St Pete is a very good shop and the proprietor is very knowledgeable.

If Brad is not there, Greg Schwab is also a very knowledgeable Somm

We ship to Clearwater overnight but no delivery. We’re 2 miles from Berns, you’re welcome to stop by if you have time!

1 Like

I’ve only eaten at Bern’s once, I’d call ahead and ask if they can share their list with you somehow, or tell them what you’re after and have them set them aside.

I made the mistake of not doing that and the first 3 red burg choices I made were all sold out. Not a big deal maybe for most, but I had a 6 yr old at dinner who understandably grew restless by the second, so I felt rushed to quickly come up with something to drink. Not by the staff of course, but given the situation. My own fault - but I’d still call ahead even if solo or with adults.

You can reach Brad, Eric, and the other Somms using bshsommelier@bernssteakhouse.com. Just let them know what you’re looking for and your budget. When I’ve done this, they’ve come back with several options. We were able to narrow the choices down to a few bottles and then make the final selections when we arrived for dinner.

Oliver and the rest of the staff at TryWine are really good people, and I can usually find what I want there even when I don’t want something.

I’m a fan of Redneck Wine. Actually I was there twice this week.