TN: 2006 Arcadian Pinot Noir Francesca's Cuvée

• 2006 Arcadian Pinot Noir Francesca’s Cuvée - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (4/9/2021)
    Darker translucent ruby. Copious floral scents of roses and violets on the nose, joined by raspberry, forest floor, and fine earth. Layers of buoyant, ripe, and gently tart red berry fruit cut with iron bits and rocky earth on the palate. Refreshing acidity and smoothed but structured tannin leading to a long finish of brier, raspberry, and grippy iron granules. Beautiful in its adolescence, this wine has a bright future. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Doug,
Francesca is home for the semester and will turn 21 next Saturday. We have planned to open several of her wines at dinner. I will share your review with her in the morning.

That’s awesome Joe! Drinking and enjoying wine with your kids is amazing

Thanks, Doug. Sounds pretty similar to the last time I had this in 2019; trying to keep my hands off for at least a couple more years before checking-in again. … it’s more difficult to pull these corks than it used to be, and, in the end, that’ll probably be beneficial, anyways.

Joe,

Birthday greetings to Francesca (awesome, what a milestone) and thank you for crafting such a wonderful wine in her honor!

Brian, and S,

I am just beginning to sample the 2006’s these days. I’m finding, as you have noted, that Joe’s wines really come into their own after age 15 or so.

Cheers,
Doug

1 Like