Total Wine - 2017 Ridge Estate Cabernet Pricing

Total Wine in the Sugar Land/Richmond, TX area has 2017 Ridge Estate Cabernet for $39.99 or $35.99 if you buy 6 bottles.

Do they have this mispriced or am I missing something? I typically see it for $60-70/bottle in Dallas when I can find it.

$60 seems like the standard price, and maybe $50 on sale.

I don’t know if it’s a mistake or not, but I’ve seen that pricing at several Houston area TWs - at least those in Harris County. Ridge’s 2018 Estate Chardonnay and Geyserville have also been available in TWs at very nice prices, maybe 75% of winery retail.

I’ve also seen Geyserville and Lytton Springs in local Costcos for the first time. I assume Ridge is just trying to keep product moving these days.

Yeah, it’s $58.99 at TW here.

I got some '18 Geyserville for $32 in NYC.

Given covid and the lack sales to restuarants I’ve seen CSM literally dumping wines. Here in the Seattle area Col Solare normally $75 was $35 at Christmas time. Older vintates of the CSM Ethos Reserves at a 50% discount in grocery stores. I’ve seen similar prices with thier affiliate wineries or Northstar, Spring Vally and a few others.

Same price in Denver.

Justin, that is a great price for the Ridge Estate Cab. I would not hesitate. It is $47.69 for 6 in Northern California.

Ed

Dang awesome price but not showing available in DFW for any TW

I haven`t ever seen Ridge Estate Cab at TW at any Dallas location so anytime I come to see my folks in Sugar Land, I buy up however many bottles they have in stock. Pogos is the only place I routinely see the Estate Cab in Dallas.

Ah that makes sense. I`ve been buying the Geyserville for $34 at TW in Dallas any time I see they have it in stock.

I ended up buying all 5 bottles of the Estate Cab they had in stock and added a bottle of Pagani Ranch to get the 10% for 6. I know there are a lot of members on here that are big Ridge Vineyards fans and I see why now that Ive taken a full dive into their standard offerings. Seems like 40% of the red wine Ive drank lately has been from Ridge. Even the Three Valleys is a great wine for the price IMO.

Hi there - the placement of our Geyserville & Lytton Springs in Costco was done so in error. Only our Three Valleys was intended to be available there. The error is being corrected.

As for that low price on our Estate Cabernet, I’d guess that was a mistake. Buy it while you can!

1 Like

Ryan, thanks for responding here ! In case Berserkers reading this don’t know, Ryan is VP of Consumer Sales at Ridge … hoping I have the title correct !

Same here. I have enjoyed buying Geyserville in the high $30s at the Post Oak TW.

I heard in the past from someone, maybe here, that TW priced more aggressively in the first few years in a market. That would explain this here in Houston. I’ve noticed their Bordeaux pricing isn’t as aggressive as it used to be here.

My pleasure Scott. And yes, title is correct! Thanks.

I haven`t ever seen Ridge Estate Cab at TW at any Dallas location so anytime I come to see my folks in Sugar Land, I buy up however many bottles they have in stock. Pogos is the only place I routinely see the Estate Cab in Dallas.

Specs walnut hill normal has the estate cab.

The 2018 of this is starting to trickle out. How is the '18 vintage in SCM? Geyserville was good, though totally different area.