2011 Wagner-Stempel Siefersheimer Riesling Vom Porphyr Trocken

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Br@d S w @ l l o w
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

2011 Wagner-Stempel Siefersheimer Riesling Vom Porphyr Trocken

#1 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w »

This wine seems to be hitting its sweet spot. While it still has plenty of backbone, the wine is full of flavor and a pleasure to drink. There is a slight note of petrol on opening, but it is not distracting. The impression is mostly about pit fruit and a little creaminess on the back end.

I don't think I have any more of this wine, but I certainly wish I did. While I would not hesitate to open another bottle if I had it, I also wouldn't worry if I didn't get around to it for another five years.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

D@vid Bu3ker
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: 2011 Wagner-Stempel Siefersheimer Riesling Vom Porphyr Trocken

#2 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

2011 is a really nice Trocken vintage.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Br@d S w @ l l o w
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: 2011 Wagner-Stempel Siefersheimer Riesling Vom Porphyr Trocken

#3 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:03 pm 2011 is a really nice Trocken vintage.
I have been guilty in the past of having a Trocken blind spot, and wines like this one make me wish I had seen the light earlier.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

Return to “Wine Talk”