TN: 2004 Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner Reserve Lamm

• 2004 Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner Reserve Lamm - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal (4/7/2021)
    Last bottle. If I still had ten more it would not be enough, as this is youthful, graceful, refreshing, and invigorating. It’s full of the classic Grüner watercress, aligned to white peach, and a splash from an icy cold alpine stream. Maybe it’s my “glacial cellar”, but if you said this was three years old, not seventeen, I would believe it. Wonderful swan song, and a strong reminder that I do not drink (or buy) enough Grüner Veltliner.

Posted from CellarTracker

This is such an invigorating note to read :slight_smile:. I historically love Gruner at this stage, but I had/have a problem with a lot of my '02 Nigl and F.X. Pichler somehow peaking early… maybe heavy bottle variation or bad luck, or whatever. Glad to see this very much in the entry of peak

This is my favorite Gruner. Special producer and special area. I have Prager, Nigl, Pichler many others. This one is VERY special to me. Nice note.

Mine is the Renner, if only because it is so great for a really good price.

1 Like

Gruner Veltliner is probably the most underrated white wine on earth. But it is probably not wise to tell that because way too many wines have gotten really expensive already.

1 Like

Schloss Gobelsburg is one of my favorite Austrian producers and Lamm is one of the most impressive wines in their range. Truly a stunner in most vintages!

1 Like

Schloss Gobelsburg is great. A riesling from them was my 2020 WOTY.

1 Like

Yup, this is one of the greats. I love the Tradition too. I don’t know why I stopped buying Gobelsburg at some point. I should do something about that, and soon since I do prefer them with some age.

And let me add, some of the best people I’ve ever visited. I’ve been drinking some Lamm 06 and Lamm and Renner 2013 recently.

Another fan. All you’ve said and the mouthfeel of an excellent white Burgundy.
My last bottle awaits in the refrigerator.