TN: Turley Zin BedrockVnyd '19..(short/boring)

Cracked this open last night w/ my OnionSoup:

1. Turley Zin BedrockVnyd/SonomaVlly (14.9%) St.Helena 2019: Very dark color; very strong blackberry/Zin/some peppery very classic SonomaVlly Zin some toasty/oak bit dusty/OV lovely nose; lightly tangy strong very spicy/Zin/blackberry/some SonomaVlly peppery fairly dusty/OV bit hot/fumey some toasty/Fr.oak flavor w/ modest brisk tannins; very long/lingering lightly tangy bit hot/alcoholic strong spicy/Zin/blackberry/peppery some dusty/OV some toasty/Fr.oak finish w/ some chewey tannins; needs 2-5 yrs; a very attractive Zin that speaks clearly of SonomaVlly/peppery; that said, not really a profound Zin or anything that shouts Bedrock. $38.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is the first Turley Zin from BedrockVnyd. Rather on the rare/limited side. I was expecting a lot more from this wine. Not a bad Turley Zin but just nor what I was hoping for. Maybe a few yrs will make it much better.
    Tom

Something about Bedrock Vineyard (the mixed black varieties that accompany the Zin? the terroir?). My experience is that the vineyard really demands and rewards more age than other historic North Coast Zin vineyards.