TN Enderle & Moll Liaison 2014

After seeing a post or two suggesting time to drink up the 2014 Liaison on IG I had to check in on a bottle myself. Had promised to post a note in another post related to Baden, so here it is.

The Liaison reminded me of a great Barolo, in the sense that it can transform. From a bit tired at first to lively energetic as the wine wakes up. On the second night this was a beauty, tension, focus and lively. Ps. The bottle was not decanted.

On the third night at its peak (well it didn’t last longer) - full throttle. A broad range of flavors, that kept on changing as the wine evolved in the glass from wild strawberries, red (and dark) berries, oranges to oriental spices. Minerality, silky tannins at first, while in the finish fine grained present tannins can be felt. Quite high acidity though well balanced and high sapidity. Ethereal yet powerful with focus, tension and energy. Very long finish - minutes.

Lovely wine, and based on this bottle no need to rush, however requires time to open up.

Very encouraging. Thanks for taking the time to post!

1 Like

That is great to know. I have been in doubt about the 2017’s which is often compared to 2014. Just had an 2017 Muschelkalk, and while it was a decent wine it faded into feeling a bit tired after an hour, however it did not move much from there on to day seven…

Based on this i might wait a bit on them instead of drinking up now.

Thanks for the note. This is encouraging. I have never really been wowed by an E&M wine, despite lots of praise from people I trust. I have drank mostly young ones, though, perhaps that’s my issue.

1 Like

Haven’t opened any of my Muschelkalk (or other single/blend sites) yet, so don’t know how they develop over time and going through phases.

Have enjoyed the 2017 basis. Wouldn’t expect any rush to drink up (if we’ll stored bottles) as my last 2017 basis didn’t show any signs of being tired 3-4 month ago [cheers.gif]

It seems like the E&M wines can be a bit polarizing, and I have to say that I enjoyed the wines as much young as older (6-7 years). For me there are few red wines having that level of energy, tension and focus. They are intense wines in that sense.