TN: 2019 Rivers-Marie Chardonnay Purrington Rued

• 2019 Rivers-Marie Chardonnay Purrington Rued - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (3/31/2021)
    This wine is TREMENDOUS!!! I wasn’t going to post a note because I’m too busy with some stuff…but with only 2 bottles, now one, I just had to! Will, or is it TRB, in their release letter is SO spot on for this wine! First off…it’s SO pure and crystalline in its fruit…white peaches, green apple, lemon/limes…it seems tropical, but it is a “mild” tropical, in that there is so much crushed rock minerality that it becomes a nuance…there is candied fruits, I like the salted pineapple call…yet there is a HUGE cut of lemon/lime citrus that puckers the Tbuds…so much purity and creaminess…exotic, yet plush with weightlessness and class. Just love the tangerine I get in this ala post 10 Coche, and the cold wet slate and crushed rock salinity…punchy cleansing citrus…slight match strike…exotic florals…wood spice…WOW WOWOWOWOWO! Love this wine! (98 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

FYI…a reg white washed cork in this bottle…as the 19 SC Chard is DIAM.

What’s the cork regime for RM Will?

You do drink well sir…very well!

1 Like

We switched to DIAM for the 19 SC Chard as you noticed. We are always looking, trying new things that might improve the quality of the finished product and given the positive feedback we have seen/heard/tasted from producers domestically & internationally, we decided to give it a shot. We also bottled one case of each SVD under DIAM for some longer term trials, see if there is a difference (+/-) down the line.

3 Likes

[oops.gif]

D’oh!! This is the one of the current Chardonnay release that I DIDN’T buy! Sounds great.