Few recent TNs (Yquem, rieussec, diebolt-vallois)

2008 Diebolt Vallois Fleur de Passion

Serious champagne built for the long haul. Laser like acidity, superb length, very complex and a bit tight. Will be better in 2-3 years.

1986 Rieussec

At peak, although no rush. Lovely nose and extreme depth. A little astringency on the finish slightly limits this one.

1999 Yquem

Unheralded yet fantastic Sauternes vintage. So much on the nose, honeysuckle, ripe apricots, and mind broadening palate. Finish should be tracked in hours, I can still taste it. Not as opulent as the best years but a ton there and an absolute steal at the 125 I paid for the 375.

Thanks for the notes, have a bottle of that Diebolt Vallois that I’m waiting on. The 2004 still remains my favourite champagne that I’ve tried.

Thanks for the note on the Fleur de Passion. I bought 13 so I could taste one early. My note from late 2019 is similar to yours. Fantastic champagne.

I wish I had more; our under counter wine fridge had issues and it was in there so I figured I’d give one a crack. I think I have a couple more but a case would be better :slight_smile:

Champagne only comes by the case, as far as I’m concerned. :slight_smile: And preferably by the case of magnums! If it’s too expensive for a case purchase, I generally don’t buy it at all. With rare exceptions, of course.

Fleur de Passion is pretty much an every vintage purchase for us.