Another great < $20 Italian White TN: 2018 Tamellini Soave Classico Le Bine de Costiola (Italy, Veneto, Soave Classico)

• 2018 Tamellini Soave Classico Le Bine de Costiola - Italy, Veneto, Soave Classico (3/28/2021)
    Needed a little airtime to really get going – but soon we have a very well made Soave with loads character and just plain easy to drink. Both apples and peaches play along, some peripheral sweetness but this finishes totally dry with some gravelly notes on the back end. Reminds me a lot of a really good pinot blanc. Medium to medium low on acidity, so maybe not a good pairing partner with a sharp cheese and the like, but otherwise should be versatile. Would be really good on a warm summer night but just as good on a mild march day in the PNDub. Paired well with the cantaloupe, cucumber and sumac salad.

[/img][/img]

Posted from

CellarTracker[/url][/i]

Dale- great post. Made me chuckle as I have a current text thread going with several Berkserkers where we are talking about how Italian whites are the go-to for geeky/interesting/affordable whites. This sounds great. I had a 2018 Manni Nossing Kerner last night that also fit the bill.
keep posting on hits like these! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

No question Dennis - the great discovery of 2020 was how many great, versatile, and wallet friendly whites this country offers. I half wonder why it took me so long to figure all this out.

1 Like

Thread drift… anyone have experience w the wine clubs from Roscioli in Rome? I wonder if they might uncover a good number of locals-mostly gems.

(Edit: just looked, basically no customization beyond level, so probably not ideal for going after certain interests)

A recent 2019 Inama Soave Classico was delicious and a steal at $12-$13. It is hard to beat Italy for cheap, but quality white wines.