Rant - shipment notices from anonymous 3rd party shippers with no winery notice

I know it’s a high end problem.

Got a shipment notice via FedEx from a shipping company, and I have zero idea what winery it’s from.

Wineries, please let me know that you have authorized shipment, and which 3rd party logistics provider you are using.

/end of rant

1 Like

You’re such a grouch. champagne.gif

(Agree btw)

Yeah it’s annoying, but after enough shipments I know which producer it is by the third party #firstworldproblems

I usually do as well. This is a new one to me, and it has me stumped.

I have had this problem with wine and non-wine. So I get a notice from Fed Ex or UPS that my package from some city I may or may not have ever heard of, is on its way. I try to view it as a fun surprise. Will this be socks, or wine, or books, or something else altogether? Of course this does suggest that I am not very organized about keeping track of what I buy and therefore what is still to be shipped!

I think I have figured it out, as there is only one winery left to ship where I ordered a full case, AND they use heavier bottles. 47 pound weight gave me the clue.

I understand your feeling. I recently had a fedex email and I had no idea where it was coming from. I thought it was wine. When it arrived it was bike helmet from amazon. Lol

I recently spoke with a winery about the same issue, which had me totally mystified, and was told they would alert people in the future as to under what name the shipping announcement would arrive. I hope it wasn’t the same winery. :frowning:

Is the shipping company Kismet?

1 Like

No. Whew.

I don’t order direct from many wineries (rarely retailers) but I almost always receive a tracking number from the winery and the carrier.

Kismet is Bedrock or Once & Future. [cheers.gif]

Pretty sure it’s my O&F, as I have all my Bedrock.

Freaking heavy bottles. 47 pounds for a case.

I have some Kismet Wine Inc coming and it must either be Vincent or Detert? I’d imagine Detert as it is coming from Cali.

Oh, I did order that too…

Oh damn, that is heavy!

Looks like mine are on weather hold. Hopefully will find a window to get them out here before the summer. Mid/upper 80’s already in AZ next week.

I’m just excited that I’m under 200 bottles on the CT “wine pending delivery” option. It must be nearing the end of spring.

Yeah. I’ve always been mystified as to why they wouldn’t put the place of origin in the notice. I always thought it was just an oversight in the early days but it keeps happening. It just seems like it would be in the best service of ALL involved to include the point of origin in the notice of something being shipped unless specifically asked not to.

I ordered Detert & haven’t received any notice.

Vincent isn’t that heavy, alto has been very communicative about shipping in my experience.

-Al